Tilt ?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Autumn-Leigh

Tilt ?

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 01 May 2018 19:56

Have we got a tilt condition? if not, can you recommend a pluggin please?
and also motion?, it says i dont have a motion sensor when I do :/
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Desmanto

Re: Tilt ?

Post by Desmanto » 02 May 2018 10:41

By tilt, you mean the phone face to certain direction? If what you need is a perfect facing x y z axis, not something in between; you can use Device Orientation, either trigger or condition. You can even combine them (trigger followed by looped condition) to create a delay before perfoming the main action. I have created some fun project, where I can use hand gesture to do something at my PC, such as next/prev photo/music by waving left/right, play/pause video. But only good for show off, not practical in real usage, and I haven't touch it anymore for months.

But if you need a custom tilt, such as 30 degree from horizontal, we have only action Init Variables Device Orientation. This will give you x y z axis values, but I still don't understand it yet. Since the values reset after 90 degree. You can check this later using expression if you need branching. You need to try it like using period timer, init the orientation and show the value in toast message.

BTW, which trigger/action that says you don't have a motion sensor? Or maybe significant motion?
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 02 May 2018 11:01

Desmanto wrote:By tilt, you mean the phone face to certain direction? If what you need is a perfect facing x y z axis, not something in between; you can use Device Orientation, either trigger or condition. You can even combine them (trigger followed by looped condition) to create a delay before perfoming the main action. I have created some fun project, where I can use hand gesture to do something at my PC, such as next/prev photo/music by waving left/right, play/pause video. But only good for show off, not practical in real usage, and I haven't touch it anymore for months.

But if you need a custom tilt, such as 30 degree from horizontal, we have only action Init Variables Device Orientation. This will give you x y z axis values, but I still don't understand it yet. Since the values reset after 90 degree. You can check this later using expression if you need branching. You need to try it like using period timer, init the orientation and show the value in toast message.

BTW, which trigger/action that says you don't have a motion sensor? Or maybe significant motion?
Its the motion condition/ trigger that is saying I dont have it
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 02 May 2018 11:10

I don't have condition name with "Motion", but I have trigger "Significant Motion". This is a software sensor, derived from accelerometer. Not all device have it. The best you can have is the "Device Orientation", should be available in all devices (since accelerometer is a minimum sensor requirement in android)
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.