urgent question

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Autumn-Leigh

urgent question

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 09 Apr 2018 18:13

How do i get it to go to lock screen without it turning display off?
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Martin

Re: urgent question

Post by Martin » 09 Apr 2018 19:06

Hi,

The built-in action to lock the device also turns the display off on most (or all) devices since the API is designed this way by Google. You could probably create a workaround by executing an action Turn Screen On directly after action Lock Device. Adding a third action Dismiss Slide to Unlock Keyguard might show the PIN/Password screen. Note that this worked in a quick test on a Pixel XL with Android 8.1 but manufacturers like Samsung often modify the behavior of the lock screen features so it might not work on all devices.

Regards,
Martin

Autumn-Leigh

Re: urgent question

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 10 Apr 2018 09:25

Martin wrote:Hi,

The built-in action to lock the device also turns the display off on most (or all) devices since the API is designed this way by Google. You could probably create a workaround by executing an action Turn Screen On directly after action Lock Device. Adding a third action Dismiss Slide to Unlock Keyguard might show the PIN/Password screen. Note that this worked in a quick test on a Pixel XL with Android 8.1 but manufacturers like Samsung often modify the behavior of the lock screen features so it might not work on all devices.

Regards,
Martin
Thank you, It works on rooted huawei mediapad x2 :)
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)