Mate 10 Pro Always display information

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

simon_magus101

Mate 10 Pro Always display information

Post by simon_magus101 » 30 Mar 2018 16:16

There is an "Always display information" setting in Mate 10 Pro for Always on display, to display time and date. Is there a way to control enabling and disabling this setting from AM?

Desmanto

Re: Mate 10 Pro Always display information

Post by Desmanto » 30 Mar 2018 17:41

Best solution if you can find the database which correspond to this setting in the action Set System Setting. You probably need to scroll find from those 3 database : Secure, System, Global.
Secure setting require you to grant Automagic write secure setting permission using adb in PC.

If you can't find any or the setting won't work, your last resort is using Control UI to enable/disable it. I just made the tutorial here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 31 Mar 2018 03:20

Desmanto wrote:Best solution if you can find the database which correspond to this setting in the action Set System Setting. You probably need to scroll find from those 3 database : Secure, System, Global.
Secure setting require you to grant Automagic write secure setting permission using adb in PC.

If you can't find any or the setting won't work, your last resort is using Control UI to enable/disable it. I just made the tutorial here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320
Thanks man. Set System Setting works for me. My phone is rooted. No need for adb.
For those using Mate 10 Pro, the parameter you should modify is "aod_switch". Set to 1 for enabling AOD.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Mar 2018 07:51

Oh, it seems samsung also has the similar setting too. Maybe it is adopted across devices which have AOD.

BTW, since you are using Mate 10 Pro, which use Kirin 970. I am considering my next phone to be View 10, which use Kirin 970 too, EMUI 8.0, Oreo 8.0. Do you have any problem/incompatibility with Automagic? I mean like Automagic got killed or flow not running, even though we have whitelisted Automagic from the battery optimization and never kill it. Or maybe certain action/trigger doesn't work specifically for Huawei, but it works properly in other same Oreo 8.0 phones. (so not the limitation from the android itself). If there are, in which elements?

I see some incompatibility (regardless android limitation) reported here especially with Huawei and HTC devices. I just wanna make sure my next phone is 99% compatible with Automagic. Choices are limited, and so far I can only listed Nokia 8 and Honor View 10. But Nokia 8 doesn't have proper UBL from HMD, while View 10 has UBL and quite good development in xda.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 31 Mar 2018 11:28

I have been using this phone for about 3 weeks. No problem with AM so far. Whitelisted from power optimization. All my flows seems to be working, and those flows were from Oppo Find 7. Some actions do not work without root. So I lasted only one week without root. So far I have not found out any compatibility issue with AM.

With root access everything is working good. With root access this phone is awesome for me. Without root no so much. View 10 use the same chipset so I think TWRP and Magisk is compatible. I don't like EMUI. It cannot be customized like Nova.

One thing that does not work out of the box is the proximity screen off setting. Huawei called this Touch disable mode. It is suppose to prevent any accidental touch while in pocket. But it does not work. But you can fix that with AM. Just enable Proximity screen off and walla!, it works like a charm.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Mar 2018 16:53

Thank you for the confirmation. :) One obstacle relieved then. I only need to confirm the UBL status to the official here, because I am going to root it and TWRP-ed it since day 1.

As long as the problem is not incompatibility with Automagic, I can accept it. Someone from the other forum ask me why I usually just prefer stock ROM over custom ROM. It is because using automagic I can achieve so many things those custom ROM can't provide. Geofencing is not available in most ROM, yet we can create it easily in Automagic. There are more. So to hear that it is working fine makes me more assured to get the phone. Thanks again.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 01 Apr 2018 01:01

Some people reported slow response and sometimes none at all from SuperSU. So I recommend Magisk.

There is one thing bugging me. AM widget disappear from my Nova home screen. This happens like once in a few days. The spot where the widget was still respond when touched but the widget is not visible. So I just replaced the widget. Perhaps I should start another thread for this.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Apr 2018 05:13

For sure I will go with Magisk, still updated till now.

It seems to be the problem with EMUI and non stock widget app. I almost only use widget as overlay till now. But I will take a look at it if I really go with View 10. Seems something is killing the widget from the background. Or maybe it only happen in Nova launcher, but not in default EMUI launcher.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 01 Apr 2018 07:03

But this happen only to AM widget. I have four other widgets running; calendar, Poweramp, weather and Gsam battery. They seem to be working fine.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Apr 2018 10:19

Do you use fast reboot or any non conventional method of reboot? I face (maybe) a related problem when using it : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7272, read widget action disappeared
Only the widget has problem. Maybe it has some connection? Try to remember when it will suddenly happen. Monitor it for the next week. Gotta find the culprit first.