lockscreen wallpaper

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Autumn-Leigh

lockscreen wallpaper

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 27 Mar 2018 12:29

is there a way to change lockscreen wallpaper in one flow on android 6?
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Desmanto

Re: lockscreen wallpaper

Post by Desmanto » 27 Mar 2018 14:32

The API only available after Nougat 7.0. So your last resort is only using Control UI.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 28 Mar 2018 09:32

Desmanto wrote:The API only available after Nougat 7.0. So your last resort is only using Control UI.
how do i do that via control UI?
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 28 Mar 2018 15:31

Do you have the menu to change it in settings? If yes, then you can use Control UI.

I am distracted for the last few days for the launching of new phone in my country, View 10 (probably will be my new phone). Spent free time looking at the benchmark, video review, and xda forum. Will probably post the first part of the Control UI first, and fill in more detail later.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 28 Mar 2018 18:38

Desmanto wrote:Do you have the menu to change it in settings? If yes, then you can use Control UI.

I am distracted for the last few days for the launching of new phone in my country, View 10 (probably will be my new phone). Spent free time looking at the benchmark, video review, and xda forum. Will probably post the first part of the Control UI first, and fill in more detail later.
yes, in wallpaper, what do i press? click or clickonid etc?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 30 Mar 2018 17:23

Hi Autumn,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been forcing myself not to reply first before I finish the first Control UI tutorial. And there it is : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320
If I reply first, I don't feel the pressure of finishing it soon. So you can try the concept to navigate to your setting where the lock screen wallpaper located and use the click to tap and choose the desired wallpaper. You can always again if anything not clear enough.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 30 Mar 2018 21:29

Desmanto wrote:Hi Autumn,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been forcing myself not to reply first before I finish the first Control UI tutorial. And there it is : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320
If I reply first, I don't feel the pressure of finishing it soon. So you can try the concept to navigate to your setting where the lock screen wallpaper located and use the click to tap and choose the desired wallpaper. You can always again if anything not clear enough.
Thank you ever so much, however, after reading this, i dont think what i want to do is possible, as what i wanted was if wifi is not available, change the lockscreen wallpaper to a different, annoyingly, I have the mediapad x2, which i absolute love, but cant seem to find android 7 for ;/ so annoying!!!!

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Mar 2018 07:33

Autumn-Leigh wrote: Thank you ever so much, however, after reading this, i dont think what i want to do is possible, as what i wanted was if wifi is not available, change the lockscreen wallpaper to a different, annoyingly, I have the mediapad x2, which i absolute love, but cant seem to find android 7 for ;/ so annoying!!!!
While Control UI is the last resort, actually there is another way. You have root right? Root user have additional luxury we can utilize.

You can replace the png file directly so the lock wallpaper change directly. But the location of the png file can be different from phone to phone. In standard Android 6.0 below, it will be at /data/system/users/0/wallpaper. However each vendor implementation, can store the wallpaper inside one of the wallpaper changer app in the /data/data/[packagename]. At mine it is at /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom.png. I don't know for Huawei, but you can install MiXplorer, give it root access (need to update busybox if you can't open /data). Browse to /data/data/ and search > advanced search (bottom right icon), search png. You might see something name as lockscreen or lock wallpapper or similar. Find the properties of the file and open that location. Next you only need to replace the png file with the wallpaper you want.

To replace the file, you can't use copy/move files Action, as these I/O action from Automagic are executed under user permission. There is a way actually to make these action work, by changing the permission of the folder. But that will open up additional unnecessary risk or exploit, so better use other solution.

Depends on your need, if you have to replace the wallpaper dynamically, you need to use cp command to copy the file from somewhere to this location. Or you can invoke MiXplorer copy action to copy the file, but that is more troublesome, unless you need to copy from network location. These method will shorten your eMMC life span, as it keeps writing to your /data partition everytime it triggers. Yeah, it only shorten a tiny bit, but why waste the MTBF on it.

If you have fixed set of wallpaper (maybe only 3 wallpapers), that you only change among them; it is much better you simply prepare them and copy directly to the wallpaper location. Number them in an order. You only need to use execute root command, to rename the wallpaper. So when trigger 1 happen (example wifi unavailable), rename the original lock_wallpaper.png to lock_wallpaper_ori.png, and rename wallpaper1.png to the lock_wallpaper.png. Save the state that current wallpaper is wallpaper1 (in glovar). When trigger 2 happen (example someone try to unlock the phone), rename current lock_wallpaper.png to wallpaper1.png and rename the other wallpaper2.png to lock_wallpaper.png (effectively replacing the lock wallpaper from 1 to 2). The renaming only change the MBR index, thus almost no effect to MTBF.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 31 Mar 2018 11:03

Desmanto wrote:
Autumn-Leigh wrote: Thank you ever so much, however, after reading this, i dont think what i want to do is possible, as what i wanted was if wifi is not available, change the lockscreen wallpaper to a different, annoyingly, I have the mediapad x2, which i absolute love, but cant seem to find android 7 for ;/ so annoying!!!!
While Control UI is the last resort, actually there is another way. You have root right? Root user have additional luxury we can utilize.

You can replace the png file directly so the lock wallpaper change directly. But the location of the png file can be different from phone to phone. In standard Android 6.0 below, it will be at /data/system/users/0/wallpaper. However each vendor implementation, can store the wallpaper inside one of the wallpaper changer app in the /data/data/[packagename]. At mine it is at /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom.png. I don't know for Huawei, but you can install MiXplorer, give it root access (need to update busybox if you can't open /data). Browse to /data/data/ and search > advanced search (bottom right icon), search png. You might see something name as lockscreen or lock wallpapper or similar. Find the properties of the file and open that location. Next you only need to replace the png file with the wallpaper you want.

To replace the file, you can't use copy/move files Action, as these I/O action from Automagic are executed under user permission. There is a way actually to make these action work, by changing the permission of the folder. But that will open up additional unnecessary risk or exploit, so better use other solution.

Depends on your need, if you have to replace the wallpaper dynamically, you need to use cp command to copy the file from somewhere to this location. Or you can invoke MiXplorer copy action to copy the file, but that is more troublesome, unless you need to copy from network location. These method will shorten your eMMC life span, as it keeps writing to your /data partition everytime it triggers. Yeah, it only shorten a tiny bit, but why waste the MTBF on it.

If you have fixed set of wallpaper (maybe only 3 wallpapers), that you only change among them; it is much better you simply prepare them and copy directly to the wallpaper location. Number them in an order. You only need to use execute root command, to rename the wallpaper. So when trigger 1 happen (example wifi unavailable), rename the original lock_wallpaper.png to lock_wallpaper_ori.png, and rename wallpaper1.png to the lock_wallpaper.png. Save the state that current wallpaper is wallpaper1 (in glovar). When trigger 2 happen (example someone try to unlock the phone), rename current lock_wallpaper.png to wallpaper1.png and rename the other wallpaper2.png to lock_wallpaper.png (effectively replacing the lock wallpaper from 1 to 2). The renaming only change the MBR index, thus almost no effect to MTBF.
may i ask if you have a flow to show me this please? i understand replacing the images, but am unable to understand how i get automagic to change the lockscreen wallpaper

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Mar 2018 17:04

Autumn-Leigh wrote: may i ask if you have a flow to show me this please? i understand replacing the images, but am unable to understand how i get automagic to change the lockscreen wallpaper
I am creating it. But how you are going to use it? Need to confirm what you need first, since it affects the concept. If you only need to toggle between two, the flow is much simpler. But it will be more complex if you need more than 2, or dynamic one. And you also need to find that lockscreen wallpaper location first.

Automagic doesn't change the lockscreen, it simply replace the file. I simply copy one custom Wallpaper with the same resolution as the screen. Copy it to /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/ (this folder is different in your phone) and rename it to lockscreen_wallpaper_custom_new.png
Then using Action execute root command

Code: Select all

rename /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom.png /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom_ori.png
rename /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom_new.png /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom.png
Basically it swap the original one with the new one i have there. To toggle it back, I use another root command and swap it back.

Code: Select all

rename /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom.png /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom_new.png
rename /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom_ori.png /data/data/com.hmct.vision/files/lockscreen_wallpaper_custom.png
If you need more than simple toggling like above, you have to give numbering to the file. Use the first command for example wifi connected, and the second command for wifi disconnected.