Can someone please help me with a trigger? ASAP

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Autumn-Leigh

Can someone please help me with a trigger? ASAP

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 16 Mar 2018 11:57

Can someone please help me with a trigger and if i got this correct please?
I was using tasker, and switched to Automagic, I love it! however, as you can see from the screen shot, im struggling!
Iv used loads of different triggers, and even none at all! nothing works!
this condition is "screen on" and in between 8.30am to 9.18om i want it to change to a live wallpaper, then from 9.18pm-8.30am, just a normal wallpaper.
I would like this to do it automatically, but it wont? and im unsure what to do? please can someone help? im very stuck, i dont know wether its because of the condition, or the trigger?
Thank you
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-16-10-51-29.png
Screenshot of Flow
Screenshot_2018-03-16-10-51-29.png (103.97 KiB) Viewed 10671 times
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Desmanto

Re: Can someone please help me with a trigger? ASAP

Post by Desmanto » 16 Mar 2018 13:07

Hi Leigh,

Welcome on board. (even I've replied to your other post too). I also switched from tasker, so I know how sometimes the idea conflict with our previous logic method with tasker.

First thing to check is do you have root? (and have you granted Automagic root access?). Set live wallpaper require root to do it, while Set Wallpaper doesn't need. Try to execute manually the Set Live Wallpaper first, see if it works (at the action Set Live Wallpaper > 3 dot menu at top right > Execute).

If it is working, then we go to the flow concept. If we translated what you want, it should be something like.
When : 08:30 am
if/while : Screen on
then do : Set live wallpaper.

Then the second one is
when : 09.18 pm
if/while : screen on
then do : Set wallpaper (static).

When you think in this way already, it is very easy to convert the idea into Automagic's flow. Just replace the when with trigger, if/while with condition and then do with action.

Flow 1
trigger : time 08:30 am
condition : screen on
action : set live wallpaper

Flow 2
trigger : time 09:18 pm
action : set wallpaper

You have to use two triggers (in 2 flows), since there are 2 events. Tasker hide this logic because it can use event as state and vice versa! (which is actually very confusing). After you get used to it, you can combine those 2 flows into single one, by using multiple triggers parallel expression (look at my index, Automagic concept, for more detail).

I am thinking that Condition Screen on is redundant. Since if at 08:30 am and your screen is not on, live wallpaper won't be set. So, if me, I would remove the condition, leaving only the trigger and action only. At 08:30 am, regardless what happen to my phone (except if it is off), wallpaper will be changed to live wallpaper.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 16 Mar 2018 15:01

Thank you, This makes sense, i would prefer a single flow but it makes sense what you have just said, thank you
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 16 Mar 2018 15:12

Desmanto wrote:Hi Leigh,

Welcome on board. (even I've replied to your other post too). I also switched from tasker, so I know how sometimes the idea conflict with our previous logic method with tasker.

First thing to check is do you have root? (and have you granted Automagic root access?). Set live wallpaper require root to do it, while Set Wallpaper doesn't need. Try to execute manually the Set Live Wallpaper first, see if it works (at the action Set Live Wallpaper > 3 dot menu at top right > Execute).

If it is working, then we go to the flow concept. If we translated what you want, it should be something like.
When : 08:30 am
if/while : Screen on
then do : Set live wallpaper.

Then the second one is
when : 09.18 pm
if/while : screen on
then do : Set wallpaper (static).

When you think in this way already, it is very easy to convert the idea into Automagic's flow. Just replace the when with trigger, if/while with condition and then do with action.

Flow 1
trigger : time 08:30 am
action : set live wallpaper

Flow 2
trigger : time 09:18 pm
action : set wallpaper

You have to use two triggers (in 2 flows), since there are 2 events. Tasker hide this logic because it can use event as state and vice versa! (which is actually very confusing). After you get used to it, you can combine those 2 flows into single one, by using multiple triggers parallel expression (look at my index, Automagic concept, for more detail).

I am thinking that Condition Screen on is redundant. Since if at 08:30 am and your screen is not on, live wallpaper won't be set. So, if me, I would remove the condition, leaving only the trigger and action only. At 08:30 am, regardless what happen to my phone (except if it is off), wallpaper will be changed to live wallpaper.
I have found a post regarding multiple triggers, but am unable to add another trigger, i cant find the trigger element?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 16 Mar 2018 15:59

Autumn-Leigh wrote: I have found a post regarding multiple triggers, but am unable to add another trigger, i cant find the trigger element?
After you add one trigger, tap the trigger again. You will see 5 lines icon on top of the trigger. Tap that and tap New... and create another trigger. You can practically create unlimited triggers inside single flow. But most of the time, you will need to branch it out using parallel expression.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.