Mute Phone

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

MarUlberg

Mute Phone

Post by MarUlberg » 02 Mar 2018 05:11

I am on a rooted Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G9003F) with Android 6.0.1 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to Mute the phone.

Been trying to do it thru "Set Audio Volume" but it doesn't seam to work with any "Sound Type"

Workaround for now has been to Pushbullet "mute phone" and having IFTTT mute the phone. It works but it is one extra pushbullet I'd rather be without if possible. Any suggestions? :)

Desmanto

Re: Mute Phone

Post by Desmanto » 02 Mar 2018 14:26

What do you mean by "Mute Phone"? It is to set the volume to 0? Or set the ringer mode to vibrate/silent? Or mic mute?

Set Audio Volume should work, it is one of the basic media setting. For ringer mode, use action Set Ringer Mode. Mic mute, use Set Microphone Mute.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

MarUlberg

Post by MarUlberg » 02 Mar 2018 19:27

Talking about the Sound/Vibrate/Mute setting on the dragdown menu.

Been trying "Set Audio Volume" with the "Mute (Android 6+)" setting.

Getting the "sound type" options:
Alarm
DTMF
Music
Notification
Ring
System
Voice Call
Bluetooth SCO (Unofficial)
System enforced (Unofficial)

But none of the sound types seam to work.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 03 Mar 2018 10:45

Do you grant all the necessary permission to Automagic? Try to check at android settings > manage app > automagic > permission, make sure set system setting or similar, allow.

Try to use set audio volume to certain value, such as 2, 7, 13 or any other. Does it change properly? If it does, but mute doesn't work; try to use Action Store audio voluem and restore audio volume instead. Store it first, then set the desired audio stream to 0. To unmute it, use restore audio volume.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

MarUlberg

Post by MarUlberg » 03 Mar 2018 18:09

Can't see that any permissions are turned off.

Set audio volume works for other values, including 0 which sets it to Vibrate. I also tried to store audio volume while muted, but when I restore it, it sets it to Vibrate instead.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 03 Mar 2018 18:41

If set audio volume works, then the permission supposed to be correct already.

Try to store audio volume before it is muted. The main reason you want to use mute instead of setting audio volume to certain value, is because you want the volume back to its original value after you unmute it. Storing the value before muting, set it to 0, then restore audio volume will give the same effect. Just make sure you store it before muting/set it to 0. You can check the Global variable to see the value of the stored volume.

MarUlberg

Post by MarUlberg » 09 Mar 2018 08:52

Realising that Automagic can't do everything I've been diving into plugins. Now Automagic isn't that big yet, so it is hard to find plugins for it. But from my experience, you can google for a plugin for Tasker and that same plugin WILL work with Automagic.

The issue in this post is now solved with the help of "Sound Mode Tasker Plugin".

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 09 Mar 2018 14:41

Sorry, I miss your point at the second reply. I thought you wanna to adjust the volume and keep it after mute it. But turns out you want to set the normal, vibrate, silent mode.

You can use built-in action Set Ringer Mode, you can choose from Normal, Silent, Vibrate. There is also a condition to check this state, Ringer Mode, which check which state the phone currently have.