Trying to trigger based on icon (no elementid)

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

TheUnknownBuffalo

Trying to trigger based on icon (no elementid)

Post by TheUnknownBuffalo » 29 Dec 2017 18:16

I've got an app where I can see the controls, AM highlights them in green, get the gettext and other controls always show =' '. I can't find the element ID and wondered what tricks I can try?

Desmanto

Re: Trying to trigger based on icon (no elementid)

Post by Desmanto » 29 Dec 2017 18:28

You want to click the element? If yes, try click(x,y) mode, that's the last resort. If automagic won't give you the choice, you can use dev option - show pointer location and find the coordinate x,y of the button. Use that in click(x,y).
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

TheUnknownBuffalo

Post by TheUnknownBuffalo » 29 Dec 2017 18:46

I can get click(x,y), there is some kind of overlay control on it, I'm currently looking at the source apk file.

It would be great if AM has granular viewing of the recent activities

TheUnknownBuffalo

Post by TheUnknownBuffalo » 29 Dec 2017 19:08

Hmm, tried click(x,y) and it didn't interact with the app

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 30 Dec 2017 03:48

Accessibility component event can be traced at trigger UI Event > Recents. Check if what you need is there.

Can we know what is the app? I guess most likely the button is inside the web frame, which is not exposed to accessibilty.
Control UI only works as far as the accessibility goes. If the app use web frame inside the app or block the accessibility all together, we can't do anything on Control UI.

AFAIK, All browsers, apps that utilize android webview (prior to NG 7.0) or chrome webview (NG 7.0+), mobile banking, some online shops app, which has login page or anything similar; probably utilize the web frame. The inside elements probably still can be detected by Automagic, but we can't make any click or any changes to the element. It is blocked by the web frame sandbox (isolation). Higher layer input from Accessibility can't get pass thru it. Only raw input using execute root command : input tap x y can pass it, since it goes thru the lower layer of input.

Since most app which use webframe deal with network communication, probably you mimic the behaviour of the control by using HTTP request. It is what I do in the end to my mifi and wifi router.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

TheUnknownBuffalo

Post by TheUnknownBuffalo » 30 Dec 2017 11:35

I'll drop you a PM

[EDIT]

Sent (I think), it's showing in my outbox