Greenify alternative: Automagic

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Re: Greenify alternative: Automagic

Post by Desmanto » 12 Mar 2019 16:06

Try to use other kill method. It works at mine. I play music using minilyric. Set the timer to 5s (for quick testing). After 5 seconds, music stopped, so it must have been killed.

Other method is you can replace the kill app process using execute root command

Code: Select all

am force-stop {killapp}
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 12 Mar 2019 17:51

I tried with video app. Yes, the playback is terminated. But it looks like it still reside in memory. When i start the app, it will continue the original track. When it's forced killed by android assistant, video app will go to browser mode instead.

force-stop is better as video app goes to browsimg mode, but i still can see video app in the assistant after the flow.

Also the app name from recent are a bit diff from app info. Instead of app info
com.teslacoilsw.launcher
com.google.android.calendar

i get during runtime:
com.teslacoilsw.launcher.NovaLauncher
google.android.task.calendar

I dont see the benefit of reinvent wheel while i can just use assistant to clean up apps at interval.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 13 Mar 2019 06:43

Oh, I just notice that too. It seems the recent only grab the activity name, not the package name. If assistant already do its job properly, I don't think we need another flow to do it again. As I mention before, better not to kill anything.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.