Greenify alternative: Automagic

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Friend1

Re: Greenify alternative: Automagic

Post by Friend1 » 21 Dec 2017 06:11

Hi Desmanto,

Whhat is the problem in this flows? RecentApps getting and KillApp killing app stored in global_task variable, working but apps continuing to run. Thank you. See flows bellow:
Attachments
flow_group_AKillRecent_20171221_091643.xml
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 916 times

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 21 Dec 2017 12:09

The code stuck in endless loop, at the sleep(100)

Code: Select all

for(app in recapps)
{
  killing = true;
  global_task = app;
  while (killing)  //this while() only cover the sleep
    sleep(100); 
  killing = false; //this killing is not in the loop
}
It will actually stopped after 16 minutes 40 seconds, reaching 10,000 iterations limit. You should brace the sleep and killing,

for(app in recapps)
{
  killing = true;
  global_task = app;
  while (killing)  //this while() will cover sleep and killing
  {
    sleep(100); 
    killing = false; //this killing is now in the loop
  }
}
That's why code indentation is very important. Whenever you nested out a new logic branch, it is better to give 2 spaces (per level) for the nested one to make it easier to read (or spot the bug).

You don't need the killing var, it is useless there. Simplify your code as

for(app in recapps)
{
  global_task = app;
  sleep(100); 
}
Increase the sleep time as needed, I think you need more than 100, since glovar will be always slower than local variable

And you don't even need another flow by using global task to loop the list. Try the template loop over list (condensed) and pick the recapps as the list.
At the true branch put your killing command, false branch do nothing.

At my phone grepping using "Recent" didn't give a proper result, it will show all past app. Grepping the "Run" gives the proper result (that's why I use that instead). So I can't help much with the regex, even though it still can be done in Automagic 1.33.0; with extra effort.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 30 Jan 2019 17:37

Is there a trigger defined when the device is actually locked (ex: 5 min after UI: lockScreen() so that the fingerprint works to unlock it) ? I searched string device/lock/state in the trigger section and didn't find any suitable.
Is there an action to pop up app list for selection into a var? what I see are all complicated flows to achieve that.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 30 Jan 2019 18:15

At mine, using lockScreen(), after the device locked, it can be unlocked immediately using fingerprint. If yours takes 5 minutes afterward, probably you have enabled smart locks from google. Can you try to disable the smart lock first? Or you can try to change the automatically lock after, set to immediately.

AFAIR, Input dialog to choose app directly into variable (to take the app name/packagename) has been requested; but not yet implemented till now. The only available method is what you have found, init the package list and make a list of it to choose in input dialog.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 30 Jan 2019 19:30

Yes, I set smart lock to 5 min because I might open the phone again within 5 min. Having that said, I want flow to kill all the apps outside ignored list take place after device is actually locked, not just screen off.
Sort of like Android assistant app. Wish I can call their api

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Jan 2019 18:07

Generallly, it is advised not to kill any apps. Android already have the power to put them to sleep. Killing them only use up the CPU resource (and battery) the next time you start them again.

For the locked event, It seems there is no such event. Since the lock happen after 5 minutes, you can simply use trigger Display state off, use sleep 5 minutes and execute the kill task. But this flow should be configured as multi trigger flow with FEP stop. In this same flow, add another trigger screen on and expression to branch to nothing. So basically when screen off, it will wait for 5 minutes. If nothing happen, it will kill the app. If the screen is on during that 5 minutes, the flow triggered and redirected to nothing, essentially stopping the sleep and hence cancel the kill.

But, sleep 5 minutes is quite long, because you will lock and unlock your device many times a day. During sleep, it will wakelock your CPU, draining extra battery. Kinda defeating the original purpose. To make it drain less, you can use other trigger that works like sleep. Use periodic timer set to 5 minutes, add the kill app action and at the end disable itself (set flow state disabled). The flow is disabled by default. At another flow, trigger display state off, enable this periodic timer flow. The first execution of the periodic timer will be the next 5 minutes, so almost the same as sleep 5 minutes, but with no CPU wakelock. After the execution, it disable itself, so the flow only run 1 time everytime it is enabled. For the cancelling, almost the same concept. At another flow Trigger Display state on, disable this periodic timer flow.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 10 Mar 2019 13:54

Friend1 wrote:Hi Desmanto,

find = findAll(stdout, 'Run #\\d+: ActivityRecord\\{\\w+ u0 (.*)/.* \\w+\\}', true);
Since RegEx does not return any value, I try to do task termination with split command. I uploaded my flow
flow_KillRecent_20171220_090917.xml
Can you help me for working flow? Thank you very much.
OP, @Desmanto, Do you have a working flow now? Ca you share it?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Mar 2019 15:12

I just created the flows : 5 minutes app killer
Consists of 2 flows. One is the display on/off trigger, to enable and disable the killer flow. The main flow will use periodic timer at 5 minutes (you can tes at 5 seconds first). At the execution, it will query the recent task using dumpsys, parse the recent app package name. Filter out the whitelist app, in my case, of course Automagic and my launcher, Nova. Then loop kill every app in the recent list. I replace the action with Write text to file to simulate the kill. You can check the content of /storage/emulated/0/Download/kill.txt for the list of apps those are supposed to be killed. After you test it properly, you can replace the element with the kill app.

This flow is just to proof the concept. I still recommend to not kill anything. Nokia's phone now has been known for its worst pie ROM, because of the additional killer app that makes the phone become laggy, drain battery much faster, hot and so many abnormal function.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 11 Mar 2019 15:28

Thanks, I will test out. Mine is zte axon7.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 12 Mar 2019 13:33

Term 15 doesn't work on my phone. I also use auto boost from Android assistant.