UI Event in immersive mode?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Wibbly

UI Event in immersive mode?

Post by Wibbly » 06 Dec 2017 15:48

If I'm NOT using a widget, is UI Event supposed to work in immersive mode? With immersive mode switched on it doesn't seem to trigger. But with immersive mode off it does. Is that a bug?

Android Oreo 8.0 on Pixel 2.

Martin

Re: UI Event in immersive mode?

Post by Martin » 07 Dec 2017 20:09

Trigger UI Event seems to work for me in immersive mode on Android 8. Maybe the system does not generate all events in immersive mode. When you open trigger UI Event/Recent events are no entries displayed? Maybe also try to disable and enable the accessibility service of Automagic to see if it starts working again.

Regards,
Martin

Wibbly

Post by Wibbly » 08 Dec 2017 10:01

I do see entries in UI Event/Recent events even in immersive mode but, in immersive mode, the tigger doesn't fire the rest of the flow, and also there is nothing added to the flow log. I'm setting immersive mode in the first place with the Automagic action with "Without navigation". As soon as I clear immersive mode, the same flow runs as expected.

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Dec 2017 20:08

Could you please send a simplified (if possible) version of your flow that still allows to reproduce the problem to me (info@automagic4android.com) so that I can test how it behaves on my test device.
I would not be very surprised if Android does not send some accessibility events in immersive mode since forcing immersive mode with the action of Automagic is not an official feature provided by an official API.

Regards,
Martin