Calender Event doesn't trigger at the correct time

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tschaedl

Calender Event doesn't trigger at the correct time

Post by tschaedl » 04 Dec 2017 15:46

Hi,

in September I've changed my phone to a Galaxy S8. Since this time I have problems with the calendar event trigger. The trigger at event start works fine but the trigger at event end only triggers at the end of the calender event regardless of the configered time (xx minutes before).
It has to do with the battery optimization of the phone I guess. Cause every update of the 1.34.0 version worked fine for few days. After these days it stopped working. Automatic is set to the list of apps which shouldn't be optimized.
Does anybody has an idea what to do?

Regards,
Thomas

Martin

Re: Calender Event doesn't trigger at the correct time

Post by Martin » 05 Dec 2017 19:42

Hi,

Samsung is known to optimize battery use quite heavily when the screen is off. You could try to use option 'Like alarm clock' to see if this helps. Devices should generally not delay triggers when this option is used but it has the side effect of showing a little alarm clock icon in the status bar.

Regards,
Martin

tschaedl

Post by tschaedl » 06 Dec 2017 14:09

Hi Martin,

that works fine. Thanks a lot.
Maybe you can clarify this option in the help text. The current one "Defines whether this trigger should be handled like an alarm clock which is usually displayed in the status bar" didn't give me a hint that this has to do with the behaviour in sleep mode.

Regards,
Thomas

Martin

Post by Martin » 07 Dec 2017 19:56

Good point. I'll clarify the help text.

Regards,
Martin