Connections between flow elements disappeared

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

ottaky

Connections between flow elements disappeared

Post by ottaky » 04 Dec 2017 07:25

Dragging elements in this flow caused the connection lines to disappear.

If I attempt to reconnect the elements a toast appears to tell me that the connection already exists.

I am unable to select the (invisble) connections by long tapping where I believe they should be.

(OnePlus 3T, stock, Android 8.0.0, unrooted)

Desmanto

Re: Connections between flow elements disappeared

Post by Desmanto » 04 Dec 2017 08:09

Seems like the flow editor rendering problem. Try to zoom in out or reset zoom to see if it works. Try to disable hardware rendering too.

Swipe from left or tap the hamburger menu on top left > Settings > Workarounds > Software rendering in flow editor > check.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

ottaky

Post by ottaky » 04 Dec 2017 08:41

Actually - I should have checked the other flows.

All of the connection lines in all flows are now invisible.

ottaky

Post by ottaky » 04 Dec 2017 08:48

Desmanto wrote:Seems like the flow editor rendering problem. Try to zoom in out or reset zoom to see if it works. Try to disable hardware rendering too.

Swipe from left or tap the hamburger menu on top left > Settings > Workarounds > Software rendering in flow editor > check.
Thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, neither of the suggestions have any effect. Neither zooming or enabling software rendering bring the lines back.

When creating a new flow the lines are visible when I drag them from an element, but they disappear almost immediately.

ottaky

Post by ottaky » 04 Dec 2017 11:56

Annoyingly, a reboot fixed the issue.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 04 Dec 2017 12:08

ottaky wrote:Annoyingly, a reboot fixed the issue.
Hahaha, I remember the favourite question : "Do you try turn off and on again?" :lol:

I just about to ask, when this started to happen?
I can't find any visible trace of the line, even though I have zoom it. The background dots are there, not covered by anything, so it seem the line really invisible.
Almost similar issue, as mine before, where the search text color got messed up somehow. (can't get fixed with reboot). viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6753&start=40#p18685

Probably your GPU rendering/buffer got error after several days without reboot. Happens from time to time, intermittently, at all kind of phones.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.