Accessibility Problem

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Re: Accessibility Problem

Post by Desmanto » 16 Nov 2017 05:16

@Martin : I am still waiting for a good news. Last pass stated their app is not affected. Don't know if they found workaround without using accessibility or they have worked so close with google that they are given leniency. https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/11/lastp ... ices.html/

If you decided to split to plugin, don't give a direct link to the plugin apk. This will give google a reason to do its job. Simply put a pop up message to tell what's happened and tell the user to visit this forum for further explanation and the workaround. Just don't link to the apk directly. Nova launcher also do the same for its google companion app. Just remember don't encourage anywhere in the app/description to install the additional plugin. Some apps are removed just because they put link to other store or their own server (substratum swift dark and swift for samsung) https://www.xda-developers.com/swift-da ... lay-store/

Creating additional accessibility apk in playstore will just give reason for them to suspend it. Because the documentation for the accessibility also give contradicting guideline. It is in the gray area, which means google can pick one to do its job (to remove or to keep), depends on their mood at that time. How google can determine an app is being used for disable users only? That is another vague aspect.

And the main things to be kept on mind is to stay at playstore. Some apps are good, but not well known just because it is not in playstore. MiXplorer is one of them, the dev choose to stay at xda only. Searching their app in playstore only popup other file manager. I'd rather install app from well known dev, rather than any app in playstore with unknown dev reputation. Google has slowly teach/force us to do so.

@tphg : You can use MiXplorer (only in xda), use its app manager to copy out the apk. Without root, you can even downgrade app version while retaining the data if is needed. It requires adb and PC to downgrade.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tphg

Post by tphg » 16 Nov 2017 08:56

@Desmanto
Thank you for your recommendation on apps backup. I will try it.

Martin

Post by Martin » 20 Nov 2017 20:52

I've tried to contact Google about the accessibility problem but the only reply I've got so far seems to be an automated email with the same content that I already got in the first email from Google.
I'll try one more time to get in contact with a real human being to see how Automagic really violates the policies after I've made all requested changes (except that I can't guarantee that the features are only used by disabled users).

I'll keep you updated...

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 22 Nov 2017 16:40

Hi Martin,

Probably you have read this before. https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Jo%C3%A3oD ... duHfoSN9Xv
Joao Dias (dev of Auto Apps series) seems to take it easy and still have time to develop new feature. I am curious how he managed to seems not overwhelmed by this.

Is there really a chance to get away with it, by explicitly stated that the apps can be used to help the disabled? Since the documentation from google also contradicting its own statement.

Regards,
Desmanto
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 23 Nov 2017 05:22

There is a Tasker plugin called Autoinput with similar capabilities like ControlUI ( I think), requires Accessibility. Still in playstore. They don't seem to worry about it.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Nov 2017 09:48

simon_magus101 wrote:There is a Tasker plugin called Autoinput with similar capabilities like ControlUI ( I think), requires Accessibility. Still in playstore. They don't seem to worry about it.
Yes, he is the dev I mention above. He developes auto apps series, one of affected app is autoinput.

holymoz

Post by holymoz » 23 Nov 2017 18:44

I think automagic can legalli be used for disabled People.
People can autoclick on stuff with Control ui.
Tell this to Google

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 Nov 2017 20:32

I'm trying to tell Google and I've extended the description in Google Play and in the description of the accessibility service to let Google know however I was not yet able to get a reply from a human being at Google.
Maybe we just have to wait and see what happens next. Many developers that use accessibility services have extended the Google Play store listing with the required text "This app uses Accessibility services." so we will see if Google removes all those apps.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 07 Dec 2017 19:55

Hi,

Yesterday I've received a mail from Google that they are pausing the 30 day notice about banning apps that use an accessibility service. Other app developers also got this email:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/07 ... -services/

I'll now try to explain to Google how Automagic provides accessibility service features and I hope that they consider this to be a valid use. Fingers crossed that they won't ban Automagic.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 08 Dec 2017 04:42

Just read the same news on xda. Rush here, and found out you have got the email already (of coz). What a relief. Now you only need provide a full disclosure to user before they enable accessibility. (maybe along with device admin too, just to take care of unforeseen future). Then explain to google, the creative use of the accesibility using automagic.

I will create the thread later to list all of my Control UI/UI event usage, others' usage and possible concept of using them. I am really happy that the main problem was gone. Hope that the skynet won't interfere again this time. :)