Is automagic optimised /works on Chromebooks?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

maxxyypoo

Is automagic optimised /works on Chromebooks?

Post by maxxyypoo » 30 Oct 2017 08:29

New Pixelbook is amazing, going to buy it for sure. But having automagic on it would be simply insane!

Martin

Re: Is automagic optimised /works on Chromebooks?

Post by Martin » 31 Oct 2017 20:37

Last time I checked Automagic partially worked on a chromebook (Asus C100P). This is a few months back so I was likely using Automagic v1.33 or older. Maximizing the window to full screen did not work for some unknown reason but maybe this has been fixed.
Also many APIs did not work properly on a chromebook like turning on/off settings. Maybe this has also been fixed in a later software version of the chromebook.

Let me test this again in the next few days with the current version of Automagic so I can give more information about the current state.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Re: Is automagic optimised /works on Chromebooks?

Post by Martin » 01 Nov 2017 21:27

It seems that the window can now be maximized properly. I still encountered a few limitations (I did not test everything):
-no way to add widgets to the desktop so the widget feature can only be used to show widget overlays which surprisingly seems to work.
-accessibility features like trigger UI Event seem to be limited to Automagic itself. Events in other apps or even regular ChromeOS apps does not work.
-no sensors available so triggers like Shake, Compass etc. don't work.
-it seems that audio volume can not be changed (or I did not find the correct audio stream type yet)

There are certainly many more limitations I did not find yet but at least creating and editing flows, writing scripts and designing widgets seems to work. Toggling WiFi and BT on/off also worked.

Regards,
Martin