Lock Screen not working properly

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Econdoc

Lock Screen not working properly

Post by Econdoc » 10 Oct 2017 10:49

My phone is running Marshmallow and I am using Control UI with quicksettings to toggle Lock Screen on and off. The Automagic flows seem to work…that is, the quick tile for Lock Screen goes off when the flow turns it off and goes on when another flow turns if on. So far, so good. However, sometimes when the quick tile shows that the Lock Screen is off, it isn’t off – the phone is locked! I don’t know if I am explaining this clearly: Phone is locked even though the quick tiles shows it is not locked. What am I doing wrong?

Desmanto

Re: Lock Screen not working properly

Post by Desmanto » 10 Oct 2017 15:42

The state of the quick tile is not sync properly to the real state of the lock. That's it?

It happens also not just in automagic. On rare condition, prior using automagic, the quick setting will show me that auto rotate is on. But actually it is off. When I turn it off, the real auto rotate state is on. So the state not sync each other. I should go to setting, turn it on again, go to quick setting turn it off again, and somehow it is really off now. Some user may need restart to remedy this unsync state.

I think it is android problem, not automagic. Automagic simply report what it get from the OS. But you can try to log how many times this happen and under what condition makes it likely to happen. Maybe we can find the culprit.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.