Set Audio Stream (Ring) - Issue

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

Re: Set Audio Stream (Ring) - Issue

Post by Martin » 18 Sep 2017 05:57

@Desmanto: On a Pixel XL with Android O, the notification volume also adjusts the ringer volume. There was also no change in this action from 1.33 to 1.34 so there must be something else that affects this behavior. What Android version did you use where you could observe the difference between 1.33 and 1.34? Do you have a simple flow where the problem can be reproduced?

Also would be great if you have more information about the variable passing bug. I'll likely make a bug fix release very soon and would love to fix all known problems.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 18 Sep 2017 14:22

Sorry Martin, my bad. Yesterday I tested it at different phones. Both are LP 5.1.

I have created the flow to test it properly. So from 0, when I change one of the ring or notification, both will raise to the same level. This is the same in 1.33.0 and 1.34.0. That makes me think the same bug. But after raised to certain level (not zero), changing ring volume will only affect ring, changing notif affect notif only. So it is only the same when starting from 0. It works as it should be.

So this is Oreo problem, not automagic. Maybe there is some workaround for it. But I don't have oreo phone. :cry:

For variable passing bug, I have created the thread with the flow to test it. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6977
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

sitruk

Post by sitruk » 18 Sep 2017 14:28

Thank you both for looking into this issue. No need to delve too deeply into this if the cause is Android O. I have just altered my flow to avoid the redundant Ring and Notification actions.

piz

Post by piz » 09 Apr 2019 17:20

Desmanto wrote:... So from 0, when I change one of the ring or notification, both will raise to the same level. This is the same in 1.33.0 and 1.34.0. That makes me think the same bug. But after raised to certain level (not zero), changing ring volume will only affect ring, changing notif affect notif only. So it is only the same when starting from 0. It works as it should be.

So this is Oreo problem, not automagic. Maybe there is some workaround for it....
I'm working on volume management flows and ran into the problem with ring and notification volume being linked. I just want to find out if there has been any change since the last update to this thread.

Thanks!

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Apr 2019 06:31

@piz : What is your current phone and android version? It seems this is default behaviour since oreo. I have custom ROM RR 7.0.1 Pie 9.0. At several previous build, there is no way to unlink ring and notif volume. AFAIR, Only at the last 3 build started to have the feature to unlink the ring and notif, and this is custom feature, not from default AOSP. So this must be implemented at the ROM level. Automagic probably won't have any control over this.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.