Known Issues on Android 8

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

micatlkw

Re: Known Issues on Android 8

Post by micatlkw » 10 Dec 2017 02:58

After updated to 8.1, automagic service failed to shown as collapsed notification. Making the automagic icon keep showing on the notification bar.

I have checked the "icon in expanded notification bar".

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Dec 2017 20:11

Hi,

Thanks for reporting!

This seems to be a new bug introduced in 8.1: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/69842394
The fix mentioned in comment 3 has worked for me: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/ ... 4#comment3

Regards,
Martin

bogdyro

Post by bogdyro » 17 Jan 2018 20:43

Android 8.0. Samsung s8
Overlays don't appear over the notification drawer anymore. They can appear if they're position is set lower on screen but they aren't clickable while the status bar is expanded.
Any solution?
Thx

Martin

Post by Martin » 18 Jan 2018 18:06

Hi,

Unfortunately this is a new limitation of Android 8. To my knowledge there's no fix or workaround available.

Regards,
Martin

Racery

Post by Racery » 23 Jan 2018 08:51

micatikw wrote:After updated to 8.1, automagic service failed to shown as collapsed notification. Making the automagic icon keep showing on the notification bar.

I have checked the "icon in expanded notification bar".
My experience is worse than yours, most of data has been erased from my phone, and I spent a lot of time and energy trying to recover SMS. So far, I haven't figured out what the reason is.

qwertz

Post by qwertz » 29 Jan 2018 08:35

Hi Martin,
I have noted some issue with one of my flows since Oreo. I am not sure if it worked with 8.0 but in 8.1 I experience the following:
For some night profile I activate flight/airplane mode which also turns of WiFi (action "Flugmodus ein/ausschalten"). But I want to keep WiFi running. So I turn WiFi on again afterwards (action "WLAN ein/ausschalten"). This always worked fine...

But since Android 8.1 WiFi somehow cannot be turned on with activated flight mode anymore :(

Can you check this? Is there a workaround?
I am using latest Omni rom 8.1 and I am rooted.

Looking forward to your answer.
Thanks and have a nice day :)

Martin

Post by Martin » 30 Jan 2018 19:19

Hi,

Maybe it's a timing issue. Please try to add an action Sleep: 5s between the action that turns on airplane mode and the one that turns wifi on.
Please also use action Set System Setting to check if Global setting airplane_mode_toggleable_radios contains wifi.

Regards,
Martin

qwertz

Post by qwertz » 31 Jan 2018 09:22

Hi Martin,
thanks for your reply. It was not a timing issue. I already experimented with different wait-actions before.
But your hint on "airplane_mode_toggleable_radios" brought me on the right track :D
Wifi is integrated there but it's still not working.
While looking into that I discovered "airplane_mode_radios" which also included wifi. Apparently that is why wifi is switched off.
So I added an action "airplane_mode_radios" with removed wifi before "airplanemode on" action.
And it is working now! Wifi stays on with activated flight mode.
Because I am not sure about other impacts with this setting I add wifi back to "airplane_mode_radios" after I switch "airplanemode off".

Still the question remains: Why can wifi not be activated with airplane mode on by default given the fact that it is listedin toggleable radios?
One more test on this: with flight mode on I can toggle wifi just fine manually via quick settings tile or in settings but not automated with the action "wifi on". This is just for info. I am fine now :P

Thanks so much for the hint and have a great day. I am using this app very long time now and Automagic is just awesome :!:

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Jan 2018 10:28

Probably oreo add another layer of security to disable other app from turning on the wifi during airplane mode. The airplane_mode_radios determine what network to be turned off when airplane mode is enabled. By removing the wifi, you excluded wifi from being turned off. You can read more detail at xda.

If you always want to leave the wifi on during airplane mode, you can just keep the wifi removed from this. But since you don't know what happen, and somehow you need a complete airplane without wifi; I suggest you keep your current method, by removing wifi before go airplane and set it back after exit from airplane mode. This way, if you manually tap airplane mode, not by using the flow, the wifi will turned off. Only triggered flow will keep the wifi on.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

p50kombi

Post by p50kombi » 31 Jan 2018 11:08

Hi all, long time automagic user here.

So I have a bt dac, which uses LDAC as the audio profile.
Although LDAC is fully supported since android OREO and it works really great with my HTC u11, whenever I disconnect and connect the BT dac again to my device, the Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec reverts back to Best Effort (Adasptive bitrate) instead of the Optimised for Audio Quality setting I wish it to be.

I would like to make a Automagic flow that when my bt audio dac connects, it changes this setting back to Optimised for Audio, but can't find the action in automagic.
I can find and have used other system variables and system settings in other flows, but I just can't seem to locate this one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated @martin

Guess this is new since oreo