Known Issues on Android 8

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Re: Known Issues on Android 8

Post by Desmanto » 31 Jan 2018 15:06

p50kombi wrote:Hi all, long time automagic user here.

So I have a bt dac, which uses LDAC as the audio profile.
Although LDAC is fully supported since android OREO and it works really great with my HTC u11, whenever I disconnect and connect the BT dac again to my device, the Bluetooth Audio LDAC Codec reverts back to Best Effort (Adasptive bitrate) instead of the Optimised for Audio Quality setting I wish it to be.

I would like to make a Automagic flow that when my bt audio dac connects, it changes this setting back to Optimised for Audio, but can't find the action in automagic.
I can find and have used other system variables and system settings in other flows, but I just can't seem to locate this one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated @martin

Guess this is new since oreo
If I remember correctly, all oreo has the option to change the preferred coded in the developer option. Maybe you should try to enforce it there first.

If you can't find it, then you have to slowly find the possibly value which store this setting. BTW, how do you know that the codec has changed? Does it have an indicator?
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

p50kombi

Post by p50kombi » 04 Feb 2018 22:44

You can find it in developer settings, the problem is that every reconnect it defaults back to non audio quality but best effort.
Strange

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 05 Feb 2018 16:44

p50kombi wrote:You can find it in developer settings, the problem is that every reconnect it defaults back to non audio quality but best effort.
Strange
If you have the setting in developer settings, then it supposed to have the entry in the system setting. Need to find which value correspond to that setting.

If you have root, you can use SQLite editor to edit the setting storage database. Change the audio quality in devset and then get back to the SQLite editor, check which value is on the bottom. That is the setting that represent the codec.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

mbirth

Post by mbirth » 19 Feb 2018 20:11

After my Android Wear 2.0 watch got its update to 8.0, it now shows a notification whenever I display an overlay from Automagic. Is this related? Is there a way to get rid of the notification without disabling them for all of Automagic?
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

wolfgangk

Post by wolfgangk » 15 Mar 2018 07:57

I have the same problem with the Android 8
Tethering did not start but the Wifi is switched off.
Did anyone solve the problem?
jwhittenburg4171 wrote:The Set Wifi Tethering State action is not working for me. It was working in Android 7 and Android 8.0. It stopped right after upgrading to 8.1. It doesn't work with method 1 or method 2.

Here is what I am seeing in the log:

04.11.2017 13:48:04.254 [Flow6] Action 'Set WiFi Tethering State: On Test'
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Operation is not supported on this device
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.bj.a(SourceFile:368)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.c.a.fz$1.c(SourceFile:122)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.cj$1.run(SourceFile:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Could not find a declared method with name startTethering and parameters [int, class android.os.ResultReceiver, boolean] in class interface android.net.IConnectivityManager or one of the superclasses
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.bj.b(SourceFile:79)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.bj.a(SourceFile:339)
... 3 more

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 15 Mar 2018 13:32

wolfgangk wrote:I have the same problem with the Android 8
Tethering did not start but the Wifi is switched off.
Did anyone solve the problem?
This is a known limitation with Android Oreo 8.0. Similar to here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7015&p=19302&hilit= ... ing#p19302
Only system can be granted permission to turn on the wifi hotspot. For meanwhile, you best solution is to use Control UI. I will include how to turn to wifi hotspot in my next tutorial on how to use Control UI.

rokahaal

Post by rokahaal » 16 Mar 2018 20:40

Ok guys since I updated my Nexus 6P to linageOS 15.1 with android 8 I have a bug in flows which use the trigger and/or condition "phone cell gsm". This trigger and condition only works correct when the automagic app is open and in foreground. When I leave automagic the phone cell will not correct determined by the condition. I have attached the log, the test flow I created and a screen video. In my test flow I`m at home, the cell is always the same, no new cell where found, but when the flow is performed when I leave automagic to the home screen, turn the display off and on again, the condition ended with false. The error occurs in both automagic apps, the play store and in the EAP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ysrvm5 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
flow_Test_phone_cell_android_oreo_20180316_211420.xml
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 1673 times
log.txt
(11.05 KiB) Downloaded 1595 times

wayne

Re: Known Issues on Android 8.1

Post by wayne » 17 Mar 2018 08:25

rokahaal wrote:Ok guys since I updated my Nexus 6P to linageOS 15.1 with android 8 I have a bug in flows which use the trigger and/or condition "phone cell gsm".
This trigger and condition only works correct when the automagic app is open and in foreground. When I leave automagic the phone cell will not correct determined by the condition.
I have attached the log, the test flow I created and a screen video. In my test flow I`m at home, the cell is always the same, no new cell where found, but when the flow is performed
when I leave automagic to the home screen, turn the display off and on again, the condition ended with false. The error occurs in both automagic apps, the play store and in the EAP
I've the same problem with my Redmi 4x.
With the Custom ROM based on Nougat (ResurrectionRemix), the trigger and/or condition "phone cell gsm" works without a problem.

Since I've installed an Oreo-ROM, I've problem... :x

The "Ignore battery optimisations" and "Background activity" is set.

Thx,
wayne

Martin

Post by Martin » 17 Mar 2018 20:18

Hi,

Please ensure that the location mode of Android is enabled and that the location permission is granted to Automagic. I think Android 8.1 added some restrictions that only apps in foreground can read cells and WiFi SSIDs since it can be used to track a users location without location permission.

Regards,
Martin

rokahaal

Post by rokahaal » 17 Mar 2018 21:16

Martin wrote:Hi,

Please ensure that the location mode of Android is enabled and that the location permission is granted to Automagic. I think Android 8.1 added some restrictions that only apps in foreground can read cells and WiFi SSIDs since it can be used to track a users location without location permission.

Regards,
Martin
Thank you Martin. I use the action network location to turn on the network location before the condition gsm cell is executed. That was the solution for me. At the and of the flow the network location is turned off again.