Time Based Actions

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

iomari

Re: Time Based Actions

Post by iomari » 18 Aug 2017 16:40

Thanks, I'll work on that and get back to you.

iomari

Post by iomari » 21 Aug 2017 14:43

I give up. I have a similar macro I created in E-Robot and MacroDroid and both work perfectly so I'll use one of them.

iomari

Post by iomari » 31 Aug 2017 13:05

Ok, I don't give up. Its not a automagic prob perse but I believe there should be some way to solve this. I noticed that the saytime flow I created started firing on time suddenly. Then I found the reason, sort of. My nougat os decided to disable/freeze a bunch of apps. I didn't notice at first because I don't use those apps often. I noticed it when I saw a bunch of apps in my launcher were missing icons and couldn't be launched. Then when I was in play store I noticed that all those apps were disabled. So I used titanium backup and unfrooze them then presto my daytime flow started randomly firing late again. So obviously there's at least 1 app that is hogging whatever process that checks for time related tasks. I have not been able to find the culprit yet but is there anyway automagic can have highest priority over other related tasks?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Aug 2017 19:01

It is very difficult to trace the culprit with very limited information.

What kind of power saver/task killer available at the ROM? What apps get disabled?
If you have setting for perfomance/power saver mode, please enable high perfomance mode to try it first.
Make sure Automagic persistent notification is active and never get killed. This is the highest priority you can have.
If the ROM has the "nuke button" (kill all, free RAM, clear task, whatever the name is), don't use it. This button always nuke everything.

And what is the result of the test from my previous post. We have to analyze the pattern first, to shrink down the scope of the problem.
By knowing the pattern, we can make educated guess on the culprit. Without any data, we only can make blind guess.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.