No Interaction

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

TheUnknownBuffalo

No Interaction

Post by TheUnknownBuffalo » 10 Aug 2017 08:22

Hi everyone

I wondered if it's possible for AM to watch out for text displayed on an app, I have one that randomly displays 'Thanks' (not in a dialog box) and want to write a process to look out for it, and click the text if it appears?

Many thanks

Desmanto

Re: No Interaction

Post by Desmanto » 10 Aug 2017 10:18

That 'Thanks' can be clicked? That means it is a kind of button. You have to enable Accessibility service for automagic to make it work. It is at the Preferences.

First, to check the appearance of it, you can use Trigger : UI event, leave that window open, navigate to the app and wait for the 'Thanks' to appear. After it appear, quickly switch back to automagic and tap recent events, to check for that 'Thanks'. Choose that, and that will be the trigger.

To click it, you have to check the component Id using Action : Control UI. Use the Show overlay control and navigate to the app that pop that button. Wait until it appear and press info, tap that box surrounding the "Thanks", choose clickById(). Back to Automagic, you can paste the click script in the Control UI.

Enable the flow, and everytime that 'Thanks' appear in that app, automagic will automagically click it.

If it didn't work, you should screenshot it (when the thanks appear), edit the screenshot to hide any sensitive information and post it here. Or if clickById() didn't appear on choice list, you can try to use click().

@Martin : I think this Event UI / Control UI deserves its own page of example tutorial, from choosing and acting on the components, until detecting available text in certain app. I have typed some already, but of course can't cover as detail as the one who create it :)
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Aug 2017 13:09

I agree that a tutorial that covers Control UI and UI Event would be a good thing so I'll add it to the todo list. I'll likely likely find some time when v1.34 is released.

TheUnknownBuffalo

Post by TheUnknownBuffalo » 11 Aug 2017 06:32

Thankyou for your help, I'll give it a try (I'm a newbie)