App Task Started - Requires Reset

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Re: App Task Started - Requires Reset

Post by Desmanto » 26 Jul 2017 15:58

Ah, glad you solved it.
Seems like your phone's notification bar UI merge with the foreground app.
So the foreground/background switch event doesn't work as expected.
Maybe Martin can implement a workaround for things like this in the future release.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

e-ec-ecu

Post by e-ec-ecu » 27 Jul 2017 17:04

Yeah, the solution is much easier ... but would be cool to be fixed for real issue.

But, it obviously isn't a big issue for many users so I won't worry about it.

Martin

Post by Martin » 27 Jul 2017 20:13

Hi,

@e-ec-ecu: Could you please enable Debug Log in the preferences of Automagic, reproduce the problem and then send the log to me by mail (menu->Manage->Log, menu->Send log)? Please note the approximate time when you open the notification drawer and wait a few seconds before you close the notification drawer again.

You could also try to use method Usage statistics in the trigger to see if this works better on your device. Just swiping down the notification panel might not execute App Task Ended since usage statistics considers that you are still using the app (at least on some devices).

Regards,
Martin

e-ec-ecu

Post by e-ec-ecu » 28 Jul 2017 14:39

Will do.

As a side note, I did enable a "Notification on Screen" that comes up when the "App Task Ended" flow is executed ... and when I bring down the notification bar, I DO SEE the message.

e-ec-ecu

Post by e-ec-ecu » 28 Jul 2017 14:53

Ok, I am about to send the log. Here are the key events:

28.07.2017 10:42:35.518 -> This shows the app task started event

-waited about ten seconds-

28.07.2017 10:42:46.709 -> This is the app task ended trigger when I "pulled down" the notification bar.

I moved the notification bar back up ... but no "App Task Started" trigger happens.

28.07.2017 10:43:06.622 -> This when I opened the "recent apps" and selected the app again (remember, the app was already in focus. I simply showed recent apps and selected the same app "top-most" and you can see the "Trigger App Task Started".

e-ec-ecu

Post by e-ec-ecu » 28 Jul 2017 15:00

I also tried Usage Statistics (you should see it in the app flow I emailed) and it behaves the same way.

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Jul 2017 19:22

Thanks for the log. It already points me to an unexpected situation, however I have to add some more logging statements to track down the issue.
Could you please try the next build available in the EAP forum that should become available later today and send the log to me after reproducing the issue one more time? Let me know if using the EAP version is not possible for some reason then I can provide an extended version based on the last version available on Google Play.

Thanks & Regards,
Martin

e-ec-ecu

Post by e-ec-ecu » 29 Jul 2017 00:10

Done and done. New version installed, recreated issue and log sent via email.

e-ec-ecu

Post by e-ec-ecu » 02 Aug 2017 15:18

Martin was able to identify the issue and it appears to be ROM-related. On my Samsung Galaxy S8+, it appears the ROM doesn't send the required event to notify Automagic when the notification drawer is closed. This means that the last action (App Task Ended) remains active.

This might simply be a ROM issue with my Samsung version of Nougat. My phone is NOT rooted and using Verizon Image of Nougat.

BUT, as a workaround, changing the "App Task Started/Ended" option to "Usage Statistics" (instead of classic) works just fine as the "App Task Ended" flow doesn't recognize the opening of the notification drawer so that flow doesn't run when I pull down on the notifications.

Thanks Martin!