Completely silence phone?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

jassing

Completely silence phone?

Post by jassing » 22 Jul 2017 01:50

I am trying to replace an auto-silent program; it goes silent when I'm sleeping or in a meeting.
This also includes disabling vibration.
With automagic, I can turn sounds off, and this works well. But I cannot find how to disable vibration.
I do not have root access, and other apps can turn it off, so there must be a way...
Any ideas? (something I am missing or perhaps a script?)
thanks

Desmanto

Re: Completely silence phone?

Post by Desmanto » 22 Jul 2017 02:36

Set Ringer mode to silent should disable the vibration as well. You might need to set interuptions mode to none as well.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

jassing

Post by jassing » 25 Jul 2017 11:57

Desmanto wrote:Set Ringer mode to silent should disable the vibration as well. You might need to set interuptions mode to none as well.
I have "set vibrate on ring state:off" and "set audio stream volume to 0" for notification,music,ring,system, and even "voice call"
it still vibrates on various alerts/notices... If I click "down" on the volume button it goes completely silent.
Thanks for your time.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 25 Jul 2017 13:12

jassing wrote: I have "set vibrate on ring state:off" and "set audio stream volume to 0" for notification,music,ring,system, and even "voice call"
it still vibrates on various alerts/notices... If I click "down" on the volume button it goes completely silent.
Thanks for your time.
Not that action, it is different. Use find and type "ringer".

Have you tried Set Ringer Mode to silent? Most phone won't vibrate if you set ringer mode to silent; not set vibrate to off.
And what phone, android version, ROM do you use? On Lollipop above, you might have to use action Set Interruptions Mode to none.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

jassing

Post by jassing » 25 Jul 2017 18:11

Hi. I found (thank you) the set ringer to [silent] action. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the phone from buzzing.
It's an old moto e 4.4.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 26 Jul 2017 01:23

jassing wrote:Hi. I found (thank you) the set ringer to [silent] action. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the phone from buzzing.
It's an old moto e 4.4.
What kind of vibration do you still have? When phone rings? incoming message, notification (from certain apps), calendar or something else? Some app probably ignore system settings and still vibrate even though you have silenced it. FOr those apps you have to manually change their settings.

And if you phone only goes completely silent after "click" down on the volume button, you might need to emulate that event. Probably need to use Control UI to change the setting.

jassing

Post by jassing » 26 Jul 2017 02:20

It is not app specific, it is controlled by volume buttons or the slider - settings:sound:volumes:ringtone & notifications

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 26 Jul 2017 03:05

If all else don't work, you have to use the system setting. Use Action Launch App - Settings. Use Control UI and navigate to the setting - Sound (or similiar menU). Then still using the Control UI, slide the volume down. The UI layout is different in each phone, so you gotta figure this out by yourself. And remember to turn on accessibility for Automagic. (at the automagic preferences).

jassing

Post by jassing » 27 Jul 2017 11:13

well; it is all my fault.... A good way to introduce myself. I didn't notice that flow had branched itno two columns that excxuted at the same time. This caused the right one to turn the ringer to sient to be reset later in another legto ring level 0.
Once I made it all one string/flow (no concurrently running streams) it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help!