cannot search and collect cell gsm (cid)

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

houdinix64

cannot search and collect cell gsm (cid)

Post by houdinix64 » 17 Apr 2017 00:13

I have a new phone Huawei Gr3 2017 android-N. Now my flow have some errors after I import it to my new phone, it seems that it cannot collect cells anymore. My flow perfectly works on my old android 4.4 phone. Im using the latest version of automagic.

The following actions I've done but still the problem persist:

1. tried the classic, modern, and modern+classic cell collection
2. Changing the prefered network type to wcdma/gsm

Is there something I missed. Please help me, I dont want to start from scratch. I need this Phone Cell Gsm to my flow.

Thanks.

Martin

Re: cannot search and collect cell gsm (cid)

Post by Martin » 17 Apr 2017 20:19

Hi,

When you use the Start-button in the trigger Phone Cell GSM and wait a few minutes, does it recognize any cells at all?
Maybe Huawei blocks this information for apps for some reason. Also check if there are any system settings that sound like it could block the information for apps. Maybe turn on location settings if turned off or check for privacy/location related settings. Battery optimization could also impact access to cell IDs.

Regards,
Martin

houdinix64

Post by houdinix64 » 18 Apr 2017 20:46

Thanks. Using gps while searching cell gsm temporarily solved the problem. I have collected 4 cid in less than 1min when gps is enabled. But after I immidiately turned off the gps all the cid's I've collected gone, the variable {cid} doesnt appear in the debug dialog. My flow gets an error.

Is there any way or a workaround to collect cid by not using gps?

Martin

Post by Martin » 19 Apr 2017 19:27

Sounds like a Huawei privacy feature to me. A Pixel XL properly collects cells even when location mode is set to off. Does the device collect any cells when location mode is set to 'Battery saving'?

Regards,
Martin

houdinix64

Post by houdinix64 » 24 Apr 2017 06:38

Yes it works if location mode is set to battery savings mode. Thanks.

Which have a huge impact in power consumption between GPS Off and Location set to battery savings mode?

Martin

Post by Martin » 26 Apr 2017 19:32

Location mode turned completely off should theoretically consume less battery however I don't see a noticeable battery use with location mode set to battery saving. This might also depend on device, environment, installed apps etc. so it's best to test it on your own if it drains the battery.

Regards,
Martin