Start Playing a Track on Launch

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

alembic

Start Playing a Track on Launch

Post by alembic » 26 Feb 2017 22:08

I have a music player (GoneMad) which is launched when the OS (5.1.1) boots up on my car deck. I now want the app to start playing the current track. What trigger would I use? and which action?

I've been looking at the documentation and I don't see a clear way to implement this.

Martin

Re: Start Playing a Track on Launch

Post by Martin » 26 Feb 2017 22:23

Hi,

You could use trigger Automagic Startup which is executed after the system boots up and Automagic is started. You can use action Control Audio Player to send a Play/Pause action to GoneMad.

Regards,
Martin

alembic

Post by alembic » 26 Feb 2017 23:33

Thanks Martin! I'll give that a shot.

alembic

Post by alembic » 01 Mar 2017 18:04

I've installed Automagic but the service will not start. I tried the large button on the screen as well as the menu item.

Any hints on what I might be doing wrong?

Scotty

Post by Scotty » 01 Mar 2017 18:54

To ensure that Automagic runs at boot, open the program and:

1. Click menu button (three dots, top-right of screen)
2. Click Manage
3. Click Preferences
4. Check the "Start after boot" box (and any others that you need).

Reboot the phone - the Automagic service will automatically begin and, once it has loaded all the flows, it will run any of the flows that contain the trigger Automagic Startup

alembic

Post by alembic » 01 Mar 2017 20:37

Thanks Scotty. I tried the menu >> Manage >> Preferences.

But Preferences is disabled. Only About and Start Services is enabled (latter does not work).

alembic

Post by alembic » 02 Mar 2017 18:29

What could cause Preferences to be disabled? Is there another way to set the "Start after boot" flag? If not, I don't see how I can use this utility.

Martin

Post by Martin » 02 Mar 2017 21:21

Hi,

Preferences is disabled when the Automagic service is not running. Please press the button Start Automagic Service to start it and then change the settings.
If the service does not start, there's likely to be a bigger problem. Please check if there's an error message shown on the screen when pressing the start button. Try to reboot the device or try to uninstall/reinstall Automagic from Google Play.

Regards,
Martin

alembic

Post by alembic » 02 Mar 2017 23:35

When I press the Start Automagic Service button, there's no error message.

I rebooted the device as well as uninstall/reinstalled Automagic from Google Playstore.

Unfortunately I can't send log output because that command is disabled.

I'll ask the car deck manufactuer to see if a recent firmware update might have any influence (although there's no definitive way to know since I've only tried running Automagic after the firmware upgrade).

alembic

Post by alembic » 03 Mar 2017 19:11

I have the desired flow executing correctly. Automagic Startup (trigger) >> Launch App (action) >> Control Audio Player (action)

The firmware upgrade for my car deck caused part of the filesystem to be unavailable and this prevented Automagic from starting properly.

The car deck boots in 25 seconds , then GMMP is launched, and the track starts playing around 60 seconds. Can this sequence be shortened by removing example flows?

Thanks for your help.