Toggling Mobile Data with Control UI not working

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

massaquah

Toggling Mobile Data with Control UI not working

Post by massaquah » 23 Feb 2017 07:58

Hello,

I recently switched from Tasker to Automagic and successfully migrated all of my profiles and tasks.
Everything is working so far but I encountered one issue:

I have been using the Tasker plugin "AutoInput" to toggle MobileData. AutoInput pulls down the quick settings, activates or deactivates mobile data and closes quick settings again.
From what I have learned, this should also be possible with Control UI but I didn't get it to work, yet.
Via Control UI I can pull down quick settings menu but I am not able to perform the click action on Mobile Data.

Active flow (right side) is working fine, when I switch to left side it does not work....
What am I doing wrong?
mobiledata.png
mobiledata.png (127.13 KiB) Viewed 11913 times

Scotty

Re: Toggling Mobile Data with Control UI not working

Post by Scotty » 23 Feb 2017 16:20

If you're rooted, then you don't need a plugin to do this. Automagic has an action Set Mobile Datanetwork State that requires root, and (for me) works perfectly. I use it, in a flow, to toggle mobile data (and I have a widget giving me access to the flow, allowing me to toggle mobile data via a single screen tap).

massaquah

Post by massaquah » 24 Feb 2017 11:42

Yes, I know.
But I didn't root this phone yet.

Both of the described versions of the flow SHOULD work with unrooted phones but only one does.....

Martin

Post by Martin » 24 Feb 2017 17:52

Hi,

Maybe the text in the click-function does not match the mobile data quick settings toggle. Please use button Show overlay control in action Control UI, pull down the quick settings panel, press the red info button, hit back to close the quick settings panel and click on the green area that would contain the mobile data toggle to copy the click action to the clipboard. The info-area unfortunately opens under the quick settings panel so the process is a bit counter intuitive when working with the notification area.
It's also possible that AutoInput uses the same accessibility feedback type like Automagic so the accessibility service of Automagic is not operational. You can switch the accessibility feedback type in the preferences of Automagic to a type that is not occupied by any other app to fix this issue.

Regards,
Martin