Force Google Now into offline mode?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

supremeox

Force Google Now into offline mode?

Post by supremeox » 09 Feb 2017 08:28

I set Automagic up to intercept the button on my bluetooth headset and run a flow that sends my voice commands to Google Now so I can set up reminders, do we searches, etc. when using my bluetooth device. Since Internet is required for those functions I wrote a flow that pings a site to check for internet service. If it detects Internet, it launches app - Package: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox, Class Name: com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.VoiceSearchActivity. If it doesn't detect Internet plays an audio file saying that the Internet is not available. So far so good.

However, when Automagic is NOT set up as the default to intercept my Bluetooth button, I don't have to be online to use select commands such as "Call Bob." This is handy when I'm in areas where I have a decent cellular signal but no data connection or of my phone is locked.

My question is, can I write my flow to force Google Now to use the offline mode when my flow detects no Internet or that my phone is locked?

I'm running Lollipop 5.0.

Thanks.