Tasker/Watchmaker Help

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

sambarlick

Tasker/Watchmaker Help

Post by sambarlick » 22 Jul 2016 23:28

Hi guys,

Does anyone use Watchmaker for Android Wear or use any flows that interact with tasker plugins?

Watchmaker has plugins for tasker that automagic can see but i can't get a variable to be sent to watchmaker or have watchmaker send a variable to automagic.

Secondly, watchmaker has the ability to run tasker tasks. A lot of forms state that tasker needs external access switched on do watchmaker can run tasker's tasks.

Is there a way for watchmaker to execute an Automagic flow? The most obvious way would be to have the flow's trigger as a plugin but automagic doesn't have watchmaker as a plugin trigger, only an action plugin.

Thanks, Sam

Bushmills

Re: Tasker/Watchmaker Help

Post by Bushmills » 23 Jul 2016 00:27

For variables substitution, check the "replace variables" box below plugin configuration. Uncomment the appropriate lines, with variables specified between curly brackets.
Chances are that you can call an Automagic flow as shortcut from the app. To do so, you'd use "Shortcut" as trigger, aptly named.

sambarlick

Post by sambarlick » 23 Jul 2016 02:01

Thanks bushmills,

I didn't consider editing the script to convert the tasker variable.

The shortcuts work but only if I manually access them on the watch. I haven't found a way of getting watchmaker to trigger them automatically.

Bushmills

Post by Bushmills » 23 Jul 2016 06:13

Have you checked both Plugin triggers as well as Plugin event triggers, that watchmaker shows in neither trigger?

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 Jul 2016 09:31

Hi,

I don't use watchmaker so I'm not aware about a good way to interact with Automagic.

Directly invoking Tasker tasks and actions is a security concern so I've not planned to add a similar feature to Automagic. Most apps that support this feature directly hardcode Tasker stuff so the developer of watchmaker would probably have to make some changes to support Automagic anyway so I recommend that watchmaker implements a trigger-plugin. They could also allow to execute shortcuts without user interaction on the phone which is supported by most automation tools as a way to trigger flows/tasks.

Regards,
Martin

sambarlick

Post by sambarlick » 25 Jul 2016 08:22

Bushmills wrote:Have you checked both Plugin triggers as well as Plugin event triggers, that watchmaker shows in neither trigger?
Yes I checked both. Plugin triggers. Unfortunately, not there.

sambarlick

Post by sambarlick » 25 Jul 2016 08:26

Martin wrote:Hi,

I don't use watchmaker so I'm not aware about a good way to interact with Automagic.

Directly invoking Tasker tasks and actions is a security concern so I've not planned to add a similar feature to Automagic. Most apps that support this feature directly hardcode Tasker stuff so the developer of watchmaker would probably have to make some changes to support Automagic anyway so I recommend that watchmaker implements a trigger-plugin. They could also allow to execute shortcuts without user interaction on the phone which is supported by most automation tools as a way to trigger flows/tasks.

Regards,
Martin
Thanks Martin, I will see what I can find over on watchmaker forms, or if their developer is as communicable as you are!

I wondered if this was simply an issue with watchmaker and not me or automagic.

Bushmills

Post by Bushmills » 25 Jul 2016 08:37

If watchmaker is able to notify, and update its notification upon occurrence of the event you want to bind to an Automagic flow, you can use the notification trigger as signallng interface.

sambarlick

Post by sambarlick » 25 Jul 2016 08:59

Watchmaker doesn't have a notification on my phone. Intriguing idea though.

I was trying to use a variable as the trigger, and get watchmaker to change the variable but i can't seem to get it to work.

Bushmills

Post by Bushmills » 25 Jul 2016 09:32

Next workaround possibility: a file. Automagic can monitor updates to file - watchmaker only needs to be able to write or modify a file when event occurs. Such as a log file, for example.