Any active work being done to increase Tasker compat?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

fly

Any active work being done to increase Tasker compat?

Post by fly » 01 Jul 2016 17:36

I'm using a Tasker plugin called REStask. Seems it only works 2-4 times, then fails to work again until I go into the plugin and save it again. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the nature of its experimental tag?

Martin

Re: Any active work being done to increase Tasker compat?

Post by Martin » 03 Jul 2016 11:36

Hi,

The plugin stuff should actually work mostly stable. It's just marked as experimental since I can not assure that every plugin properly works and most plugin developers don't test with Automagic.
You could enable Debug Log in the preferences of Automagic and see if there's anything in the log when the plugin fails. You can also send the log to me (menu->Log, menu->Send Log) so I can take a look and verify that it's not a bug in Automagic. Alternatively you could also use action HTTP Request for HTTP PUT/POST/DELETE.

Regards,
Martin

fly

Post by fly » 04 Jul 2016 20:57

Log sent.

Martin

Post by Martin » 05 Jul 2016 13:06

Thanks for the log!

The log indicates that the plugin did not return a result within the configured timeout of 30 seconds which could happen when the network is not available for some reason. Try to increase the timeout to 1m or 2m to see if this helps.

Can you remember if the device was active when the timeout occurred (screen on). Maybe some kind of power saving feature of the device prevented the plugin from executing the HTTP request.
What device model and version of Android are you using? On Android 6 try to exempt the plugin from battery optimizations in system settings->Battery->menu->Battery optimization, select 'All apps', RESTask->Don't optimize.

Regards,
Martin

fly

Post by fly » 05 Jul 2016 13:12

Martin wrote:Thanks for the log!

The log indicates that the plugin did not return a result within the configured timeout of 30 seconds which could happen when the network is not available for some reason. Try to increase the timeout to 1m or 2m to see if this helps.

Can you remember if the device was active when the timeout occurred (screen on). Maybe some kind of power saving feature of the device prevented the plugin from executing the HTTP request.
What device model and version of Android are you using? On Android 6 try to exempt the plugin from battery optimizations in system settings->Battery->menu->Battery optimization, select 'All apps', RESTask->Don't optimize.

Regards,
Martin
Using a Nexus 6p on MM. Changed timeout and removed optimizations. Will report back. Thanks!

fly

Post by fly » 19 Jul 2016 21:10

I could not get this working correctly. Hopefully the native HTTP Post works better. Thanks. ;)