"Set Vibrate on Ring State" throws exception after reboot

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

kintrupf

"Set Vibrate on Ring State" throws exception after reboot

Post by kintrupf » 04 Feb 2016 11:13

I have a flow which sets the ringer volume and state if the phone is connected to my WiFi.
When this flow is executed on phone startup the action Set Vibrate on Ring State always fails.
If I then execute the flow manually it succeeds and sets the ringer mode.

Automagic Build 1.30.0-dev from Jan. 30, running on a rooted Nexus 5 with Marshmallow 6.0.1 ( Feb. 1 Patch).
Automagic Workarounds is installed, too.

04.02.2016 12:04:25.916 [VolumeProfile_setProfile] Action 'Set Vibrate on Ring State: On' failed
ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.p: Failed to change system setting 'vibrate_when_ringing' to '1'.
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.util.di.a(SourceFile:165)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.util.di.a(SourceFile:61)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.c.a.gy$1.d(SourceFile:78)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.c.a.gy$1.a(SourceFile:71)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.dj$1.run(SourceFile:39)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

04.02.2016 12:04:25.920 [VolumeProfile_setProfile] End executing action 'Set Vibrate on Ring State: On' and exception Could not enable vibrate on ring
04.02.2016 12:04:25.921 [VolumeProfile_setProfile] Flow ends execution due to errors
04.02.2016 12:04:25.921 [VolumeProfile_setProfile] Error:
ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.p: Could not enable vibrate on ring
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagic.c.a.gy$1.b(SourceFile:95)
at ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.dj$1$1.run(SourceFile:51)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:739)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:117)

04.02.2016 12:04:25.998 [VolumeProfile_setProfile] Flow ended.

Martin

Re: "Set Vibrate on Ring State" throws exception after reboo

Post by Martin » 05 Feb 2016 19:34

Hmm, works for me. Could you please uninstall Automagic Workarounds and reinstall the Workarounds? When it still fails, reboot the device once. Is 'Modify system settings' in System settings->Apps, Cogwheel, Automagic Workarounds set to Yes?
On a rooted device you could also uninstall the AM Workarounds and try again since I've added an alternate workaround when root is available but the AM Workarounds are missing, however I would be interested to know why the AM Workarounds fail since this will be the mode most users will use.

kintrupf

Post by kintrupf » 05 Feb 2016 21:34

I reinstalled Automagic Workarounds, during installation "Modify system settings" was listed as permission. However, once installed the app info showed no permissions at all :?:
Rebooting produced the same error as before.

Then I uninstalled Automagic Workarounds, unchecked and rechecked "Root functions" in Automagics preferences (to be on the safe side) and rebooted.
And it seems I don't need the Automagic Workarounds after all! This time the flow executed perfectly during startup :D
Thanks Martin!

Martin

Post by Martin » 07 Feb 2016 19:17

The permission Modify system settings is a special permission so it's not listed under system settings->Apps->Automagic->Permissions but only under System settings->Apps, Cogwheel. Sometimes the system gets into a state where Modify system settings is ticked but is actually not granted to Automagic. Deactivating and activating the Allow modify system settings can help. I have yet to find the cause for this strange problem, maybe this also happened to the AM Workarounds for some reason.