Location trigger firing erratically

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Ghlave

Location trigger firing erratically

Post by Ghlave » 30 Jan 2016 01:42

First things first, I'm on Android 6.0.1 on a Nexus 6. I'm not sure if outstanding issues could be causing this.

I have a 200 radius trigger set for entering or exiting work. When I arrive at work, it fires ok, but it fires again within a few minutes. Typically it will fire 2-3 times. It also seems to fire a couple of times around lunch, and then when I leave at the end of the day.

Work has a large number of WiFi spots, which made me wonder if they could be messing with location detection somehow or possibly doze?? I've tried classic and modern detection but seem to get similar results.

Martin

Re: Location trigger firing erratically

Post by Martin » 30 Jan 2016 19:38

Hi,

Maybe the stored location information of the WiFi access points is not good in that area so the device might think that it jumps around a few hundred meters or the device might use inaccurate cell tower information. If you use the regular trigger Location, try to use settings modern and classic to see which one works better. Increasing the radius might also be a workaround.
Depending on flow structure, a workaround could also be to add an action Sleep: 1m to the flow and set the flow execution policy to Skip... in the options of the flow (menu->Options). The one minute sleep ensures that the flow keeps running for a minute so the flow can not be executed again within this minute.

Regards,
Martin