"Wired Headset Plugged" condition not working reliably

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Scott

"Wired Headset Plugged" condition not working reliably

Post by Scott » 25 Jan 2016 23:21

Nexus 6P
Android 6.0.1
Automagic 1.29.0

I have a flow that plays a sound file and speaks the time every hour. It triggers via "Periodic Timer".

The very first thing that happens after being triggered is a "Wired Headset Plugged" condition. If "False", the flow proceeds. That's all there is to it. I do not want the flow completing when I have a wired headset plugged in!

Yet just now, I had my headset plugged in, and the sound played and the time was spoken at maximum volume. It was NOT pleasant. Afterward, I kept the headset plugged in and was able to execute the flow, and it passed right through, with the "Wired Headset Plugged" condition coming back "False". The log also showed that the same thing happened during the original run (not surprisingly).

I unplugged and replugged the headset, and then the flow stopped properly, with "Wired Headset Plugged" coming back "True", as it should.

At the time, I also had another flow that should have turned the music volume down to 3 if its volume exceeded 6. Apparently, that flow didn't run or work.

Is this a bug? It's a really unfortunate one, if so.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (unrooted and cannot/will not root), Android 9.0
Latest stable Automagic version, always

Martin

Re: "Wired Headset Plugged" condition not working reliably

Post by Martin » 26 Jan 2016 14:41

Hi,

It's more likely a bug in the ROM since Automagic uses the official API of Android to check whether a wired headset is plugged or not. The API is so simple that I'm sure that it's not a bug in Automagic.
When the condition failed, was there some app or tool running that could try to change some internal audio settings, for example an app that uses root or an app like Pressy that tries to avoid that Android detects wired headsets properly?

Could you please active Log to SD card in the preferences of Automagic so the log is stored for a longer period of time and then send the log to me once the error happens again?

Regards,
Martin

Scott

Post by Scott » 28 Jan 2016 06:24

I'm not rooted, so it wasn't that. I'm honestly not sure if some other app could have done it. I'll enable SD card logging. I really appreciate your response.

Scott

Post by Scott » 29 Jan 2016 03:16

I forgot that I was using a "Rain Sounds" app at the time, which I suppose could have messed with these things?