Spotify launched but does not play

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Karl

Spotify launched but does not play

Post by Karl » 15 Jan 2016 09:23

I am new here and not a coder so please bear with me. I want to trigger of a NFC and start playing Spotify (ideally from a specific playlist).
I can trigger of the NFC and launch spotify with Launch App com.spotify.music . I then have a 10 second delay to make sure everything has settled down.

What I can not do is start playing (or next track etc)

I assume that I should be Broadcasting an Intent to control spotify. The actions I have tried are

android.media.action.MEDIA_PLAY_FROM_SEARCH (With an without a data URI for my preferred playlist)
com.spotify.mobile.android.ui.widget.PLAY
android.media.action.NEXT

Category list is left blank but I have also tried with com.spotify.mobile in this field.

The command executes but not seem to communicate with Spotify. I appreciate this is probably something basic and fundamental but all help is appreciated

Thanks Karl

Martin

Re: Spotify launched but does not play

Post by Martin » 15 Jan 2016 19:29

Hi,

Action Control Audio Player should work with most players, however I have not tested the action with Spotify.
Use option send to specified app when another player like Play Music is popping up.

Regards,
Martin

Karl

Post by Karl » 16 Jan 2016 11:06

Thanks, That worked a treat.

Does anyone have the exact syntax for playing a specific playlist

Thanks again,
Karl

carlsaan

Post by carlsaan » 16 Feb 2016 19:52

It's easiest to just make a url of the playlist you want to play. and use the url to both launch the app and load the playlist. You will still need to send the play command

Annie_Yazbeck

Post by Annie_Yazbeck » 17 Oct 2018 08:54

In this situation, you'd better to download and install Spotify app on your computer again to see whether it could be helpful.

If there is still not working, please have a try of Spotify Converter, which can help you download and convert Spotify files to local computer so that you can don't worry about whether it will happens something wrong anymore.

Besides, please make sure your network connection is OK.

viorel.rusu

Post by viorel.rusu » 26 Feb 2019 08:21

Karl wrote:Thanks, That worked a treat.

Does anyone have the exact syntax for playing a specific playlist

Thanks again,
Karl
Hi,
Did that anyone? I tried with Open URL in browser, but it doesn't play the named playlist. It starts the last playlist, not the parameter one...
Thank you