Where to learn ?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Tordenfod

Where to learn ?

Post by Tordenfod » 09 Jan 2016 14:04

Hey there...:-)

After using A4A for quite some time im moving against the urge for the ability to use variables and maybe scripts... When looking a youtube there are many tuts for tasker using and telling about variables.. Normaly i find it quite easy to convert tuts for tasker to A4A, but when it commes to variables im lost... Seams to me that tasker and A4A uses variables quite diffrent? The var. might be the same but the use and input..hmm, im lost..
So ! Are there tutorials out there showing ( german is fine by me ;-) or where to turn to..?

I could go back to tasker.. But going back is quite obvius not progres ;)
And just copy with out understanding is not my kinda style....

Thanks in advance

Martin

Re: Where to learn ?

Post by Martin » 09 Jan 2016 19:14

Hi,

The First-flow tutorial on our site uses an existing variable to show the current time:
http://automagic4android.com/en/help/cr ... first-flow

The custom widget tutorial uses a global variable to show the formatted battery level:
http://automagic4android.com/en/help/cr ... tom-widget

The catalog (menu->Catalog) also contains a few flows using variables.
The countdown flow uses a local variable to speech out a counter 5 times. It also contains a script action to modify the counter and a condition to check if the value in the counter reached zero.

The documentation of action Script is also a good starting point. It links to a page with some examples that heavily uses variables: script examples.

Regards,
Martin

Tordenfod

Re: Where to learn ?

Post by Tordenfod » 20 Jan 2016 20:30

Just wanna give a hint on what really helped me .... Ios app tickle... Works with hue and dbugs variables and is fun to do with the kids to :mrgreen:

And help you in the process convincing wife that the house needs new gadgets :)