Keyguard not working...

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

qwertz

Keyguard not working...

Post by qwertz » 16 Oct 2015 07:27

I'm having problems getting "keyguard off" to work. I'm running Android M on a Nexus 5 (2013).

On Android 5.1.1 everything worked fine with Automagic 1.28. After upgrading to M I noticed "keyguard off" was doing nothing :(
Thinking it may have to do with M I tried newest EAP 1.29 but still no luck. Keyguard off does not work for me.
Flow completes without error but phone is still locked with pattern :o

Some more infos: Automagic is granted device administrator, notification access, service is running fine, root tools installed, supersu granted.
I'm rooted with Chainfires boot image and supersu 2.52 beta (selinux enforcing). May there be general problems with new selinux handlers / security policies in M?

Am I missing something?
Can anyone test "keyguard off" on Android M and confirm this?

Help would be highly appreciated :)
Thanks

Martin

Re: Keyguard not working...

Post by Martin » 16 Oct 2015 19:22

Hi,

I think Google just completely broke the keyguard disabling feature in M since it was at least partially working before (sometimes causing black screens and other nice side effects).

What kind of keyguard are you using? Maybe a combination of action Set Lock PIN/Password and action Dismiss Slide to Unlock keyguard could work.
Action Set Disabled Keyguard Features: Trust Agents could also be a workaround to let Smart Lock work/not work when desired, however I have not tested this feature to disable the keyguard yet and don't know if it behaves properly when it's used frequently.

Unfortunately I'm not aware about a way to dismiss a secure keyguard with root.

Regards,
Martin

qwertz

Post by qwertz » 19 Oct 2015 07:39

Hi Martin,

thanks for the reply. This is no good news... but I understand the problem.
Maybe you'll find a fix for this Google mess up...
In the meantime I'll try to work my way around somehow...

Keep up your great work and have a nice day.

Regards

qwertz

Post by qwertz » 23 Oct 2015 07:16

Just a quick update for users having the same problem...

I realized now the following:

1. In flows where phone should not be locked use action "set pattern unlock" > off
2. Create another flow with: trigger "display on" > condition "keyguard status locked" = true > action "slide to unlock"

This works fine for me, at least while I'm using pattern lock. Phone unlocks immediately and completely.
Just don't forget to "set pattern unlock" > on again when needed.

Regards