Known Issues on Android 6

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

digitalSeb

Re: Known Issues on Android 6

Post by digitalSeb » 30 Oct 2016 18:45

After several tries of uninstalling and installing it worked.
Sony Z5 stock Rom, custom kernel

yogi108

Re: Known Issues on Android 6 Huawei

Post by yogi108 » 16 Nov 2016 11:58

Hi there,
Just want to know if someone has found a solution regarding Huawei marshmallow 6.0 on P9 lite:
No timer or Calendar event works as estimated. Maybe for short periods it is working, but not in general.
One Flow with Doze trigger reports only sometimes that the mode has reached.
It seems as there is more than the Dozemode behind-the-scenes.
Thanks
"You cannot know the meaning of your life until you are connected to the power that created you.”
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, founder of Sahaja Yoga

1-2-Hak

Post by 1-2-Hak » 17 Nov 2016 11:10

I recently got an update to my Galaxy S7 and this has intermittantly broken the wifi tethering again.

What it is doing now is getting stuck during turn on. It sits their with the icon spinning trying to start. The only way to reset this is to reboot the phone.

I have reset permissions as discussed previous and done a complete re-install of Automagic.

Did you want me to gather some logging to see if we can resolve?

Thanks

Maui

Post by Maui » 01 Feb 2017 03:52

Hi everybody. How do i initiate some simple click/touch in application? In the screenshot you can see that Show Overlay Control option is on, and click() function is not working outside of green rectangles. Is it possible to click outside of green rectangles at all? Android 6.0.1/Samsung Galaxy S7. Thanks
Attachments
screen.png
screen.png (369.84 KiB) Viewed 31477 times

Martin

Post by Martin » 01 Feb 2017 20:34

Hi,

Clicking on buttons and other components is usually only possible within green rectangles. Games often don't use the regular components provided by Android so it's usually not working.
Starting with Android 7 you can record and replay gestures to simulate taps on the touchscreen. This new method should also work with games but requires Android 7. On older Android versions you could use Execute Root Command: input tap <x> <y> to simulate a tap on the touch screen (requires root).

Regards,
Martin

nbi

Post by nbi » 14 Feb 2017 22:35

Background detection seems completely broken in Marshmallow CyanogenMod 13.0. The "Activity Ended" trigger never fires and the "index" of the "App Task Running" condition never changes to a non-zero value. I'm working on a flow that needs to determine app transitions between foreground and background and I'm stuck because I've not yet found a workaround for these problems.

I just discovered that the "App Task Ended" trigger does indeed work for detecting if an app moved to background. This is a critical piece of information.

Martin - I think the key to solving the "Activity Ended" and "App Task Running" issues above is to identify what "App Task Ended" is doing differently and successfully. It must be making different system/library calls. At any rate some of your low level Automagic code is able to detect foreground->background transitions correctly for Marshmallow. :idea:

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Feb 2017 19:53

Hi,

Condition App Task Running indeed uses a slightly different method to detect the foreground app since Automagic does not try to record all foreground/background transitions when not required.
The next update will add a different mechanism to detect the foreground app which could work better on your ROM. Would be great if you could check if it works better with the next version.

Regards,
Martin

kastr

Post by kastr » 25 Apr 2017 21:17

[*] WiFi scan result list is not available on some devices when GPS and/or location is turned off in system settings: Issue 185370
Hello,
i have tried another app they called "automate". And there is not the problem. Why Automagic have the problem ?

Martin

Post by Martin » 26 Apr 2017 19:52

Android/Google sometimes adds artificial limitations to apps that target a certain Android API level. Automagic usually targets the latest version since I want to support features like runtime permissions on Android 6.
Other apps like Automate might decide to target older versions of Android so they are not yet affected by this limitation. Automate will likely be affected as soon as they target Android 6.

Regards,
Martin

yutamega

Post by yutamega » 08 Jan 2018 08:29

Hi, eveytime I try to tick device administrator for automagic my device settings crash