Root Authority

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

acerzw

Root Authority

Post by acerzw » 19 Jun 2015 11:54

Hi Martin,

I have a Cube 8X phone/tablet, running Android 4.4.4 which I have rooted using KingoRoot, which is a one click android device rooting web tool/android app (I have rooted many devices with this and it has never not worked). Previously I had a Cube Talk 8H which was also rooted using the same tool, but I think it may have had Android 4.4.2 (not sure). Anyway on the old Cube Talk 8H the Automagic Root functions worked fine. On the new tablet when I activate root functions in the automagic preferences, a notification box comes up saying that either root functions are not supported or root admin was denied to Automagic. The thing is about 2 to 3 seconds later another Android dialogue shows saying that KingoRoot has granted root permissions to Automagic! When I go into Android Settings > Security > Device Administrators > 'Automagic Device Admin' is ticked confirming root permissions have been granted, however flow actions that require root access still do not work, showing the red box saying that root functions need to be enabled.

It seems like maybe Automagic is timing out too fast when waiting to see if root permissions will be granted (new tablet is significantly faster as 8 cores, old was 4)? Any Ideas, really want to get it working...

Thanks for all your help Martin and for such a great application, sorry to send another query your way...

Rob

MURTUMA

Re: Root Authority

Post by MURTUMA » 19 Jun 2015 17:22

Root functions have to be enabled in Automagic preferences. Have you done that?

acerzw

Post by acerzw » 19 Jun 2015 23:34

Hi,

Yes, the issue I am encountering is where this process fails as Automagic indicates failure to obtain root permissions, but a couple of seconds after that the root software indicates root permissions have been granted to Automagic. So Automagic appears to not be waiting long enough, or perhaps Automagic root tools are not downloading?

Rob

acerzw

Post by acerzw » 20 Jun 2015 01:47

Hi,

I can also open the 'Kingo User' app and it lists apps that have requested root permissions and Automagic is listed as 'Granted'. In the Kingo User app it is possible to change it from 'granted' to 'prompt' which causes the root app to display a box the next time root permissions are requested where you can manually select whether to allow them or not for that specific app. If I set this to prompt then go into the Automagic preferences and select 'Root Functions (Exprimental)' and answer yes to the are you sure dialog, it says root tools are being installed, the Kingo Prompt appears and I select 'Grant', automagic then displays a message saying root was denied or is not supported, about 1 second later the Kingo root software displays a message saying root permissions were granted to Automagic. If I go back into the Kingo User app it now shows Automagic as granted. So this show that Automagic is waiting for the root software, as if I delay answering the prompt Automagic waits, it does not just fail, it only happens immediately after I answer the prompt but before Kingo says the permissions are granted.

I will try reinstalling the root software to see if it has any effect.

Rob

acerzw

Post by acerzw » 20 Jun 2015 23:33

I tried unrooting and re-rooting the device and it still is exactly the same, other apps see root pernisions ok when granted.

Rob

acerzw

Post by acerzw » 21 Jun 2015 03:12

I have flagged the issue to the Kingo Root developers also.

Martin

Post by Martin » 22 Jun 2015 19:18

Hi,

Device admin and root functions are two distinct features. You can enable device admin without root and vice versa.

There could be some kind of timeout issue since Automagic only waits for about 15 seconds for the root app to grant the permission. However the root apps usually have a setting to remember the choice for an app so it should not be a problem once granted, except when the root app uses more than 15 seconds to execute each command. Could you please enable Debug Log and Log to SD card in the preferences of Automagic, enable the root functions one more time and then send the log to me (menu->Manage->Log, Menu->Send Log, send to info@automagic4android.com)?

Regards,
Martin

edwardfloraa4

Post by edwardfloraa4 » 16 Aug 2021 07:07

I use the Kingo Root tool to root Android phones...