Not showing contact/sender name at sms received

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

houdinix64

Not showing contact/sender name at sms received

Post by houdinix64 » 19 Feb 2015 17:07

Hi please help me. I created a flow to speak the sender name when i receved a new sms message but unfornately the sender/contact name displayed contact numbers instead of name.Im using lenovo vibe z2 pro 4.4.2..... I already tested this flow with some other 4.2.1 phones and its working fine.

And also i have problem with accessibility features/notification of automagic its always gives me flow error.have to re-enabled accessibility features to resolved the issues.. Sorry for my bad english. More power automagic!

Martin

Re: Not showing contact/sender name at sms received

Post by Martin » 19 Feb 2015 20:21

Hi,

I'm not sure about the first issue. Please check that you have contacts properly synced to your device and ensure in the Contacts app that you don't have duplicate entries for the phone number that also uses the phone number as the name. Also try to execute a synchronization of the contacts manually by going to system settings->Accounts->Google->your account name and uncheck/check Contacts to force an update.

Unfortunately the accessibility service feature of Android is known to be a bit unstable at times.
Are you using any other accessibility services on this device? If yes, open Automagic->Manage->Preferences->Accessibility Feedback Type and check that Automagic uses one of the settings that does not clash with any other app. Also try to reboot the device.

Regards,
Martin