Trigger calendar event using variable

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tschaedl

Trigger calendar event using variable

Post by tschaedl » 06 Nov 2014 20:31

Hi,

using calendar event trigger with a selected calendar works fine. But using a variable doesn't work. Variable is a global one and its type is string. Value is the cutted string from the trigger selection (Goggle:name). Any ideas why it is not working? Or is it a bug? Help says variable are supported for calendars.

Thx Thomas

Martin

Re: Trigger calendar event using variable

Post by Martin » 07 Nov 2014 10:33

Hi,

Sorry, variables are not supported in this trigger. I will correct the German documentation.
It's on my todo-list to support variables in more triggers at some point but it might take some time until this feature becomes ready.

Regards,
Martin

tschaedl

Post by tschaedl » 07 Nov 2014 21:33

Hi Martin,

Thx for the answer. Do you think I can modify the flows.xml within Automagic? Would this work? I like to change the calendar in the calendar trigger depending on the location. And I don't want to add for every location a own calendar trigger flow. I know it is not thezbest idea, but would it be possible or would Automagic crah?
Regards Thomas

Martin

Post by Martin » 08 Nov 2014 10:27

Hi Thomas,

No, changing the flow file will not work since the implementation of the trigger is not capable to replace the variables.
Maybe you could trigger the flow on all events and use a condition to check if you are at the location of interest and skip the uninteresting events.

Regards,
Martin