How to create a flow that is ONLY executed manually?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

meyerweb

How to create a flow that is ONLY executed manually?

Post by meyerweb » 18 Oct 2014 20:40

In other words, I want to create a list of actions that will be executed only by the action Trigger Flow in another Flow. So I need a flow that has no trigger of its own. Is this possible?

The reason is that I have a list of actions to control various phone settings that will be triggered in multiple locations / conditions. So rather than duplicate those settings in multiple flows, I want to set up the list of actions once, and "call" it from each of the other flows.

I guess I could define it for one location, and then trigger that location flow from other places (ex., create the actions in a flow called @Home, and then trigger @Home when I arrive at home, or at work, or at the customer site). But that's inelegant, at best.

What I want is a flow called, for example "Indoor settings" that has only actions, and no trigger, and execute it from flows called @Home, @Work, @Customer.

Bushmills

Re: How to create a flow that is ONLY executed manually?

Post by Bushmills » 18 Oct 2014 22:06

First trigger you can choose is empty. Pick that one, and be rewarded with an empty trigger box in your flow. As there is no trigger associated with it, it won't ... trigger. But apart from executing it manually, you can still call it through action "Execute flows"

meyerweb

Re: How to create a flow that is ONLY executed manually?

Post by meyerweb » 19 Oct 2014 02:21

Thanks! It didn't occur to me I could leave it blank.