Check for a specific SSID even if wifi is disconnected

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

HarryCustom

Check for a specific SSID even if wifi is disconnected

Post by HarryCustom » 31 May 2014 21:36

Hi I don't find a trigger that checks if a SSID is available even if the WIFI connection is switched off.
In AutomateIT, for examples, there is such a trigger and it is very useful for me because I work near home, so the SSID identification is better than the Gsm Cell one.
So there is a workaround to make a flow that check every xx minutes if the SSID is connected and then, if so, do something... :)

HarryCustom

Re: Check for a specific SSID even if wifi is disconnected

Post by HarryCustom » 02 Jun 2014 22:34

Hi I've done something similar, and I've also tryed your flow, but it does not work if WiFi is switched off, only when I manually switch on it. With automateit was simple to do such a rule and I can set the period of every scan for an ssid, I do not understand how to do that on automagic... :(

HarryCustom

Post by HarryCustom » 02 Jun 2014 22:50

Wow it works after something minutes, it is right, but where I can change the period of scan, for example if I want to check for an ssid every 15 minutes how can I do that? Thanks so much!

PaulyQ

Post by PaulyQ » 03 Jun 2014 07:08

The rescan settings are built into your device.. You could check your device wifi settings to make sure that "Wifi Scan always available" is on. This should cut wait time to under a minute. It is on android 4.3+.

HarryCustom

Post by HarryCustom » 03 Jun 2014 23:47

Found it :)