How to exclude a cell?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Do3oP

How to exclude a cell?

Post by Do3oP » 29 Apr 2014 21:42

Is it possible to exclude just one cell?

The background story is as follows: I have 2 defined locations "home" and "university". The trigger for both locations is "Radiocell GSM". The distance (Airline) between this two locations is about 7km. But both at home and at the university connects the phone to the same cell with CellID "0". (First Cell on the picture).

Sometimes switch my phone in one of these location several times from one to the other flow (home->university->home-> many times), and the result is that one of the flows is switched automatically off by Automagic. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Image Image

Martin

Re: How to exclude a cell?

Post by Martin » 30 Apr 2014 17:39

Hi,

It's not yet possible to ignore a cell. This feature is coming in the next version of Automagic (currently available in the EAP forum).

As a workaround you could use a periodic timer to execute a flow every 5 minutes and check the cell using a condition Phone Cell GSM/Funkzelle GSM. The condition provides the cell id in variable cid so you could use condition Expression: cid==0 to check for this special cell and add some special handling in this case.

Regards,
Martin

Do3oP

Post by Do3oP » 30 Apr 2014 19:49

Thank you for your quick response. I will try your suggestion. How exactly is the function called in the EAP?

Do you already know when you plan to finish the next Final 1.22 version? I can´t wait for it and for a new trigger Notification on Statusbar :mrgreen: .
I really appreciate your work Martin.

Regards

Martin

Post by Martin » 02 May 2014 08:30

The new feature to exclude a cell was added in trigger Phone Cell GSM/Funkzelle GSM as a third list labeled Cell ID (CID) List to ignore/Cell ID (CID) Liste ignorieren. In your case, you could add 0 to the new list.

I have planned to finish 1.22 a few weeks ago, so my predictions are not worth much :D Next prediction would be end of next week but I have some hard to reproduce bugs that need to be fixed first.

Regards,
Martin