Automagic notifications

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

MURTUMA

Automagic notifications

Post by MURTUMA » 07 Nov 2013 09:24

Hi Martin!

I use NotifierPro to get my attention on new notifications when in full screen app. However, I'm unable to find right package to monitor so it would work with notifications created by automagic flows. Do you, or anybody else, have any insight on this matter to share?

Martin

Re: Automagic notifications

Post by Martin » 08 Nov 2013 12:18

Hi Murtuma

Do you want to display notifications created with Automagic to appear in NotifierPro as an overlay?

Following worked on my device:
-open NotifierPro and check 'Automagic Premium'
-open Automagic, create an action Notification on Statusbar: test
-Menu->Execute

Are you on Android 4.3 or an older Android version?

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 08 Nov 2013 13:33

I'm still on gingerbread. Hopefully that may change within a few weeks.

I have tried every "obvious" choice in NP, but none of them seems to work. Obvious choices include everything related to automagic and nearly everything system related.

Martin

Post by Martin » 08 Nov 2013 14:34

NP also worked on a test device with Android 2.3.6.
Is NP working for notifications of other apps?
Perhaps the accessibility service clashes with another service and does not receive the notification event. Disable all accessibility services in the system settings (including NP) and enable the NP service again.

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 11 Nov 2013 06:40

I have tried everything I can think of including your suggestions. Still no dice. I believe that the problem may lie deeper than automagic or NP or even accessibility settings. I once broke something in my phone, that even resetting to the factory settings didn't fix. I haven't tried re-flashing my rom as I don't have a backup phone, in case I brick this.

There have been many minor bugs like this ever since I broke my phone, but luckily none showstoppers. when I get the new phone, I'll try re-flashing to confirm this is not automagic bug.