"Set Audio Stream" problem

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

ZSasha

"Set Audio Stream" problem

Post by ZSasha » 21 Oct 2013 02:32

Hello,

I'm having a problem with "Set Audio Stream" flow.

I created a flow that supposed to be triggered when a phone receive a call from (some) predefined number(s) to set Ring volume to MAX.
And when the call is finished - the ring volume should be back to the previous value.

It kind of work in terms that when the call comes in the Ringer volume is set to MAX but after one ring it immediately goes down to the original state.
In other words, only the first ring has maximum volume level and all next consecutive rings have standard system-defined volume level.

I defined a trigger "Incoming call" with two states - "Ringing" and "Ended" and one global value to see the difference.
But the really weird thing is that in my flow I have even broken a link to an action which restore the audio level so I have no idea about who or what changes the ringer level back and makes it quite again, please help!!

Can it be the automagic itself restoring "environment" when the flow is finished?

However if I just make a two different flows (with one flow responsible for making volume UP and other one - for making it back to the original state) - it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

My flow is attached.
Attachments
exported_data_20131021_152823.xml
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 826 times

Martin

Re: "Set Audio Stream" problem

Post by Martin » 21 Oct 2013 14:40

Hi,

The flow seems to be fine. Automagic does not change or restore system settings on its own.
Do you have any other apps installed that might change the stream volume on an incoming call?

Please also check the log of Automagic to see if another flow changes the stream volume (on the flow list: Menu->Manage->Log).

Regards,
Martin

pnop

Post by pnop » 16 Mar 2015 23:18

Hi. I'm sorry for picking this old one up, but actually I have the same exact problem. Note4 stock rom 4.4.4, flow measures noise when ringing, first ring goes to desired level, immediately after it goes back to ring as previous system defined level. No other apps controlling volume and no other conflict flow.
Is there any clue or solution?
Thank you so much!

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 18 Mar 2015 21:19

Well, I ended up with two different flows - one with "Incoming Call - Ringing" and the second one with "Incoming Call - Ended".
So the first flow is called when there is a ring comes in - it checks who is calling, if it is an "interesting" number - saves current volume, changes it to max and that's it.
The second flow is called when the call is ended - it simply restores the original volume level.