Galaxy S4 quicktoggle "energy saving" action

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Iveco

Galaxy S4 quicktoggle "energy saving" action

Post by Iveco » 09 Oct 2013 22:44

Hello,

first of all: Great application! Thank you very much for this product. I am still playing around with it and it has endless possibilities.

Though I am missing a particular thing: Galaxy S4 has a quick toggle called "energy saving", this reduces the CPU time, activates the screen energy saving mode and disables the haptic feedback.
Now I wasn't able to find an action which toggles this button?
All I was able to find are "some" of the options (e.g. screen energy saving), but when using these options it doesn't look very good, cause the quick toggle button keeps activated.
Am I just overlooking the action or is it only possible to modify some of the parameters, but do not trigger the whole quick toggle button?

Every answer is appreciated,

Thanks!

Martin

Re: Galaxy S4 quicktoggle "energy saving" action

Post by Martin » 10 Oct 2013 16:06

Hi,

'Energy saving' can not be toggled using Automagic yet.
The next version of Automagic will allow to change general system settings using action Set System Setting (low level access for power users) that might allow to toggle this setting.
On an S3 it allows to turn on 'Power saving' using setting psm_switch to 1. I don't have an S4 to test if this also works on the S4.

Regards,
Martin

Iveco

Post by Iveco » 10 Oct 2013 17:34

Great, thank you very much!
If you need help confirming this upcoming functionality, don't hesitate to ask me via e-mail. I can test it out for you.
I am also using premium version of Automagic.

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Oct 2013 17:53

The EAP-version of the next release is available in the EAP-forum: EAP v1.19.0

Would be great if you can test it on the S4.
You can use the [...]-button of the Name-field to list all available system settings and the currently set values.

Iveco

Post by Iveco » 11 Oct 2013 17:26

Hello Martin,

I've tested the psm_switch on the S4 with version 1.19-dev. IT DOES WORK! Thank you very much! Perfect! As soon as this version gets public I will be sharing my "energy saving flow" :-). It contains most useful functions.
I noticed one bug though, if you edit a "system setting action" it will lose it's previous command and value, so you always have to retype it.

Iveco

Post by Iveco » 11 Oct 2013 17:36

One more question, do you have a list of system commands for the quick toggles?
Thanks!

Martin

Post by Martin » 11 Oct 2013 18:33

Argh, seems like I published it too soon on Google Play... a bugfix update will be rolled out soon to fix this.
Only a few such system settings are officially available, most manufacturers like Samsung don't document such settings. The help page of the action lists some settings like blocking mode and driving mode.

Thanks for testing!

Iveco

Post by Iveco » 11 Oct 2013 19:26

Okay thanks for the info!

Btw I've shared my "power-supply on/off" flows here: http://automagic4android.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2392