Shortcut to the application

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Ra9om1ak

Shortcut to the application

Post by Ra9om1ak » 20 Sep 2013 08:09

Is it possible to make a shortcut to the application in the specified location on the screen, such as a dock?

Example: after reboot, create a shortcut to an application in the dock, the first on the left.

Thx.

Martin

Re: Shortcut to the application

Post by Martin » 20 Sep 2013 08:48

I would recommend to start an app using an action Launch App or Launch Shortcut when you already know the app to start when you create the flow.

If you really want to start an app at a specified location on screen you have to simulate touch input:
On a rooted device you can try Execute Root Comand: input tap <x> <y> to simulate touch screen input. The command is not available on all ROMs (probably only on Android 4+).
Without root you can use action Control UI: click(x, y). This action requires that the Automagic accessibility service is enabled. This can cause the launcher to start talking on some Samsung devices so it might not be a viable solution on such a device.

Regards,
Martin

Ra9om1ak

Post by Ra9om1ak » 20 Sep 2013 08:54

The problem is that I do not want to run any application, just create a shortcut in the dock after reboot, or sth.

P.S. There is a problem with last EAP version ? "Accessibility service would be used by some triggers but is currently not avalaible" after start.

Martin

Post by Martin » 20 Sep 2013 09:04

Then I probably don't understand what you want to achieve.
Do you want to automatically create a new shortcut at a specific location on the home screen or do you want to execute something in Automagic when the device starts?

Is the accessibility service enabled in the preferences of Android?
It seems that the service is not running but at least some triggers would need the service to work.

Ra9om1ak

Post by Ra9om1ak » 20 Sep 2013 09:10

"automatically create a new shortcut at a specific location on the home screen" - in the dock, if possible
accessibility service is enabled, that's why I asked.

Martin

Post by Martin » 20 Sep 2013 09:40

Automatically creating a shortcut at a specified location is not possible. Android has no official API for this to my knowledge.

Please turn the accessibility service off and on again in the preferences of Android. Is the notification is still displayed after doing this?

Ra9om1ak

Post by Ra9om1ak » 20 Sep 2013 09:44

After turn on/off, the first few times it's ok, then again wrong. Sometimes there is no message after start.