Automagic bug or third party app problem?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

MURTUMA

Automagic bug or third party app problem?

Post by MURTUMA » 17 Sep 2013 10:26

I have made this flow which asks if I want to enable GPS when I open either Google maps or Maps with me and disable it when I close the map. With Google maps it works flawlessly but with MWM it always asks me three times when I open the app and one more time when I close the app.

I have tried several workarounds but neither of them works. Here's what I've tried:
-sleep action before the GPS question so the app has time to fully load.
-expression to check app index to determine if the app is what I see on the screen.
-combination of both.

I have not yet to come up with a working solution to make the flow ask it only one time. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

As I stated in the topic, I reckon this is MWM problem as Google maps and many other apps with which I use similar flows works correctly.

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... ac0b4bf87e

Martin

Re: Automagic bug or third party app problem?

Post by Martin » 18 Sep 2013 18:45

This happens because Automagic displays a dialog on the device which moves Automagic temporarily to the foreground. The trigger 'App Task Started' will execute the flow again when the confirmation dialog is closed and the maps app is moved to the foreground again. This loop will only stop when you dismiss the confirmation dialog fast enough and Automagic misses that another app was in the foreground for a short amount of time.
Automagic would have to ignore the confirmation dialog to make this flow work. I have to check if this could cause some other unwanted behavior but I'm adding this to the todo-list.

Not sure if this is an option for you but you could use the following flow to replace the regular maps-shortcut on the home screen:
-trigger Shortcut
-action Launch App: Maps
-condition Confirmation Dialog: Turn GPS on?
--> True: -action Set GPS State: On
--> False: -action Set GPS State: Off

pat2net

Post by pat2net » 18 Sep 2013 23:10

I made a workaround with a global variable to block the repetitive execution of the dialog.

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... e79bd6ec4e

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 19 Sep 2013 11:39

I solved this by disabling the flow after the question and using second flow to enable the first one after closing MWM.

But how come there's no such problem with Google maps? Or any other app I've tried this on?

http://automagic4android.com/flow.php?i ... a714118416

Martin

Post by Martin » 20 Sep 2013 08:13

On my device this happens also with the other apps but it depends on timing. If you close the Automagic dialog fast enough, you won't see this behavior.