Newbie with first attempt

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

ddfeder

Newbie with first attempt

Post by ddfeder » 08 Sep 2013 00:39

I've been playing around with Automagic Full version and have to say I really appreciated the marriage of functionality and user friendliness for such a powerful app. And the icing on the cake is the well written and comprehensive user manual. Great job!

There are several actions and "states" I want to trigger and I can't seem to get the macro to work. I have a Volkswagen Tiguan with built in bluetooth. However, the VW controls the voice recognition so when I push the phone button on the steering wheel,I am limited to making a call (unlike the S-Voice app that gives me a much wider array of commands with my Galaxy S4 phone). So here is what I would like to do:

1. Trigger = when I am in my car (my phone is rooted so I am hoping this works)
2. Action = Turn on bluetooth
3. Action = Turn on GPS
4. Action = Turn on Driver Mode (or I can just create other Actions to simulate the turning on of Driver Mode)
5. Action = Launch app (S Voice)
6. Action = Read aloud all notifications
7. Action = Launch app (Road Sidekick)

Finally, I want to link to a macro that turns everything off and quits the launched app.

I thought I created the flow correctly starting with the Trigger to execute when in the car for 3 mins ( I understand that this functinality is not 100% operational ). I thought instantiating the on state for bluetooth and gps were self evident as was the launching of the app. I can not figure out how to turn on Driver Mode but even without that action, I can't get the darn thing to execute. I have clicked on the rule and turned it on but nothing seems to happen. Even when I try to run it manually, the only 2 things that work is that bluetooth turns on and the first app turns on. The GPS state stays off and I can't get any messages and/or notifications read.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dov

manuel

Re: Newbie with first attempt

Post by manuel » 09 Sep 2013 08:38

Please post the flow because it will be easier to identify the problem.
What trigger are you using to start the flow?

ddfeder

Post by ddfeder » 09 Sep 2013 11:33

Thanks for the response. Here's what I have so far
Attachments
exported_data_20130909_073019.xml
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 915 times

manuel

Post by manuel » 09 Sep 2013 17:53

I don't have a car dock, so I can't do a full test. However:
- If I manually execute your flow, it 1) does the speech output, 2) set bluetooth but 3) fails to set the GPS on (because my phone isn't rooted) and 4)fails to launch the app (because I haven't it)
- If I simulate the car dock (via another flow with action Set car UI Mode:on) your script catches the trigger and executes the mentioned actions.

So I think it is working. May be you dock is not a official one or something like that? Does you phone enter Car mode when you put it in the dock?

ddfeder

Post by ddfeder » 09 Sep 2013 19:36

Hmm. Good question. No, I don't think it does. But you said parts of it were working for you. That's quite odd.

Again, thanks for responding.

Kriggi23

Post by Kriggi23 » 09 Sep 2013 19:48

I use a parrot car dock which isnt recognized, so i switch on Bluetooth for a short time to check if dock is available and if it is do anything else... start gps, navi and so on.
Workaround but good for me :-)

Christian

manuel

Post by manuel » 09 Sep 2013 21:04

ddfeder wrote:Hmm. Good question. No, I don't think it does. But you said parts of it were working for you. That's quite odd.

Again, thanks for responding.
When you execute the flow from the flow view, you can see the boxes highlighted in red as the flow progresses. You can also have a look at the log. May be that gives you an idea of what is happening.