Galaxy S4 proximity sensor

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

mick64

Galaxy S4 proximity sensor

Post by mick64 » 17 Aug 2013 10:11

On my Galaxy S4 I am using the proximity sensor to control my music player. This works fine when the proximity sensor is on, but on my phone the the sensor seems to turn off after a period of inactivity and can't get it to turn back on without restarting the phone. I'm not sure if this is a fault with my phone, but the sensor works OK when I'm in a call. Is it possible to create an action to turn on the sensor when I want to use it? This may only be required on the S4...

Martin

Re: Galaxy S4 proximity sensor

Post by Martin » 17 Aug 2013 11:17

Hi,

Are you using some kind of power saver settings of the phone that could affect the timeout of the proximity sensor?

Automagic uses the proximity sensor only when one of the triggers Proximity Sensor is currently used in an enabled flow (or when a condition Proximity Sensor is currently executing).
I assume that you are using the proximity trigger in your flow. You could try to create a second flow that turns the proximity flow off once a minute, waits one or two seconds and then turns the proximity flow on again. You can use the action Set Flow State: Disable/Enable FlowXYZ to turn a flow off/on.

The flow could look like this:
-trigger Periodic Timer: every 1m
-action Set Flow State: Disable <name of the proximity flow>
-action Sleep: 2s
-action Set Flow State: Enable <name of the proximity flow>

Regards,
Martin

mick64

Re: Galaxy S4 proximity sensor

Post by mick64 » 17 Aug 2013 11:50

Thank you, disabling and enabling the flow cured the problem. I love this app, its just so versatile. Great work!