USB debugging root error

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

MURTUMA

USB debugging root error

Post by MURTUMA » 17 Aug 2013 05:29

After updating the newest patch, I started getting root error when executing set usb debugging action. (error: root required)

Before the update everything worked just fine.

EDIT: I was gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling but somehow my phone forbids me uninstalling that even though I disabled the accessibility setting. How can I uninstall automagic manually?
Last edited by MURTUMA on 17 Aug 2013 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

Martin

Re: USB debugging root error

Post by Martin » 17 Aug 2013 06:45

Can you please check in the preferences of Automagic if 'Root functions' is still enabled? If it is enabled, then please uncheck and check the setting again to trigger the root function installation.
If this does not help, then please reboot your phone and try again to uncheck/check this setting.

Regards,
Martin

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 17 Aug 2013 07:41

After disabling and enabling the root functions it works again. Didn't think to check that because there wasn't such issues in previous updates.

I'd still like to have an answer for my second (edited) question.

Martin

Post by Martin » 17 Aug 2013 07:49

Good to know that the root stuff works again. The root functions have been updated in this release which was not the case for the last few updates.

Unable to uninstall is usually caused by the Device Adminstrator. Please disable the admin under Android Settings->Security->Device administrators->Automagic Device Admin or in the Automagic preferences the 'Device admin functions' and see if it works.

MURTUMA

Post by MURTUMA » 17 Aug 2013 11:21

That was it. Now both probs are solved. Thanks a lot!