Problem with Flows that uses time (trigger, pause, etc.)

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

TheBrain1984

Problem with Flows that uses time (trigger, pause, etc.)

Post by TheBrain1984 » 07 Aug 2013 20:23

Hello everybody,

First of all, I love this App. It is awesome and it has a very nice GUI.
But I've some problems with my flows. Some of my flows uses the time in some context. So the time tasks make some trouble but I don't understand in which cases. I sent you the most of my flows (I made it all in one group for you, and erased the cids from the "Funkzellen"-tasks ) because the flows work together.
For example the flow "Unterwegs mobile Daten" have a trigger, which should be activated approx. all 30 min. Well, now we have 22:13 and the last time the flow were started was at 19:47.
The flow "Switch: Profile" has a "pause"-task in it, that should check every 20s if the targettime <= getDate(), if the condition is true, it should do the defined action otherwise it should go back to the "pause"-task, but somehow the flow crashes with no errorreport after a undefined amount of time.
Other flows seems to make less trouble, like the flow "Area prüfen", this one has a trigger that starts every 5 minutes and as far as I can see, this trigger works. I have some ideas for some workarounds but it would be great if you can help me.

Thanks a lot for your help.

EDIT: Additional Info: I use a Samsung Galaxy S 2 with Android 4.2.2 (CustomROM)
Attachments
exported_data_20130807_212645.xml
(103.41 KiB) Downloaded 777 times

Martin

Re: Problem with Flows that uses time (trigger, pause, etc.)

Post by Martin » 09 Aug 2013 08:22

Hi,

Perhaps your device is in deep sleep mode and does not run the trigger at all.
Please activate the option Wake device when in sleep mode respectively Gerät aus Schlafmodus wecken to ensure that the device really executes the flow.
Also check the log (Menu->Manage->Log respectively Menü->Verwalten->Log) and see whether one of the conditions is "false" and stops the mobile data flow. Alternatively you can also add an action vibrate to each conditions false-branch to get a haptic feedback when the flow executes but conditions are false.

Regards,
Martin

TheBrain1984

Post by TheBrain1984 » 09 Aug 2013 13:23

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I changed the trigger for "Unterwegs mobile Daten" now. I checked "Gerät aus Schlafmodus wecken" but still the same problem that the last time it got activated was 14:09 (now we have 15:18 and the trigger should be activated every 30 minutes). When I check the log, I can't see anything except the startup of the app itself. But I can see the last time the flow was activated on the screen where you can see all the flows. I'm wondering why it works for the flows with a trigger of 5 minutes without "waking up the phone" but it doesn't for the trigger with the 30 minutes. For the "pause"-task I made a workaround because it seems like you said, that it kills the flow, when the phone goes to deep sleep (locked with dark display).

Regards,
Manuel

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 Aug 2013 15:08

Hi,

Very strange. I assume that the flow is enabled? Perhaps your device is running low on resources and Android terminates the background service of Automagic.
Please send the log to info@automagic4android.com so I can check what happened (Menü->Verwalten->Log, Menü->Log Senden, please also include the flows).

Regards,
Martin

TheBrain1984

Post by TheBrain1984 » 09 Aug 2013 17:22

Hi Martin,

I sent you an e-mail from the same e-mail-adress as registered.

Regards,
Manuel